Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK random question but I figured this was place to ask. I relocated my home office from a first floor windowed guest room to the finished basement, with my desk facing my in-wall 180g reef tank (and no windows on that side of my basement). I currently have a houseplant on my desk in front of the window - any reason it wouldn’t pull in light from my display tank? Feels like it should be fine, it’s an “indirect light” plant, and would be nice to green up the basement a bit . . .

CLICK TO VIEW

Garf

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK random question but I figured this was place to ask. I relocated my home office from a first floor windowed guest room to the finished basement, with my desk facing my in-wall 180g reef tank (and no windows on that side of my basement). I currently have a houseplant on my desk in front of the window - any reason it wouldn’t pull in light from my display tank? Feels like it should be fine, it’s an “indirect light” plant, and would be nice to green up the basement a bit . . .
Sounds great. If I had room, that’s what I would do. If they get a bit sickly you could always give them a vacation to somewhere else for a while.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will get plenty of light, depending on the par of the tank lights, and light spill. I actually use my apogee mq510 meter with my garden plants indoors to compare readings vs the shade outside when I harden them off for planting.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

skydirt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a palm tree and a Japanese maple in my fish room that seem to be doing ok since i moved them for the winter. I have been growing 3 mangroves in there for a few years but they are in the tank.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
B

bryan3536

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to give it a shot, both are "palms" - my 9 year old son requested them last Christmas (we live in the northeast) but they've been doing OK. I think I can find a home for both and if they start to look a bit sad I'll move them back up.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back