Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved my tank to a new house when inspecting the fish on arrival the scooter was fine. Yesterday when watching the fish I noticed this on his mouth. I’ve moved him to a quarantine tank and half dosed with coppersafe and maracyn oxy. I have no clue what this is I’ve never seen it before.

0AECCCF6-5044-46FA-A957-180284D29CE2.jpeg

Solution
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I guess without secondary symptoms, I wouldn't treat with anything right now. If the lesion gets larger, or if the fish goes off feed, then prepare to treat with antibiotics.

If you can get a clearer picture, or even a short video, that might help me see things a bit clearer.

Jay
When I get home from work I will try and get a cleaner picture

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved my tank to a new house when inspecting the fish on arrival the scooter was fine. Yesterday when watching the fish I noticed this on his mouth. I’ve moved him to a quarantine tank and half dosed with coppersafe and maracyn oxy. I have no clue what this is I’ve never seen it before.

View attachment 2433383

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

How long have you had the scooter?
Is it still eating?
Did this lesion show up suddenly, right after the move, or did it grow larger over time?

I don't think it is an isopod, the picture isn't really clear, but I cannot see the body segments that would be typical of one of those.

I'm thinking it could be an injury from the move that has gotten infected. Copper won't help with that, and Mar Oxy won't be of much help either. A better choice for the treatment tank would be a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic such as Furan-2, Neoplex, or even Maracyn 2.

Jay Hemdal

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mrkillerkoala

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

How long have you had the scooter?
Is it still eating?
Did this lesion show up suddenly, right after the move, or did it grow larger over time?

I don't think it is an isopod, the picture isn't really clear, but I cannot see the body segments that would be typical of one of those.

I'm thinking it could be an injury from the move that has gotten infected. Copper won't help with that, and Mar Oxy won't be of much help either. A better choice for the treatment tank would be a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic such as Furan-2, Neoplex, or even Maracyn 2.

Jay Hemdal
He has been eating and swimming normally, he doesn’t seem to notice the hole. Ive has him since mid august but I didn’t notice the spot until yesterday.

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has been eating and swimming normally, he doesn’t seem to notice the hole. Ive has him since mid august but I didn’t notice the spot until yesterday.
Well, I guess without secondary symptoms, I wouldn't treat with anything right now. If the lesion gets larger, or if the fish goes off feed, then prepare to treat with antibiotics.

If you can get a clearer picture, or even a short video, that might help me see things a bit clearer.

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mrkillerkoala

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay

Upvote 0
Solution
OP
OP
M

mrkillerkoala

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for this extremely late reply lol. He ended up dying that night. Took the body to a local shop the guy said it was an infected cut that just went unseen for too long.

Upvote 0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NYOS
Back