Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These small white tubes popped up on my acan today, pretty sure they weren’t there a couple days ago. Are they vermatid snails? In one of the pics you can just barely make out the 2 little antennas coming from the tube.
D59C5709-01E3-4099-AFDD-3D421A361624.png
925AA173-C1DB-4AD7-BAEC-301A171D76B4.png

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods

BaliReefBox

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dental pick, tweezers anything as long as you get the base off...they retract into the base so its important to get it off.... get rid of them they will just multiply and upset your corals...this happened to me so i got 20 bumblebee snails and with manual removal also I now have trouble finding one...touching wood

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok they are pretty isolated on this frag so should I put it in my other tank or just try to manually remove all the tubes? Never dealt with vermatids and hear a lot of contradictory info.
dental pick, tweezers anything as long as you get the base off...they retract into the base so its important to get it off.... get rid of them they will just multiply and upset your corals...this happened to me so i got 20 bumblebee snails and with manual removal also I now have trouble finding one...touching wood
Alright we’ll I pulled the frag out and took a tweezer to the tubes. They were like jelly, no solid structure at all, like scraping snot off. Still vermatid snails? I feel like they are spinoid because every tube has the two antennas coming out of it. I figured that vermatid snail tube would be solid somewhat but these seriously had no structure at all.

BRS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back