Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a couple if weeks ago I “rescued” this hippo tang. A costumer dropped it off at my local fish store. He has pretty bad fin erosion and decent body scares, I know it won’t every properly heal but has anyone ever had a fish with Hlle regrow some of their fins?
4EAEC430-3530-4D7B-87E6-A9E3A0E476AA.jpeg

World Wide Corals

Spare time

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to only have high quality low dust carbon (ROX, Red Sea), tightly packed and in a reactor. I fed mine brightwell omega/hufa amino additive and vitachem soaked up by flakes but that is also just part of my typical feeding. My tomini had the start of HLLE but recovered and no has no signs.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So a couple if weeks ago I “rescued” this hippo tang. A costumer dropped it off at my local fish store. He has pretty bad fin erosion and decent body scares, I know it won’t every properly heal but has anyone ever had a fish with Hlle regrow some of their fins?View attachment 3117963
I cant see fish well as image is very dark with blue lighting but assuming you have HLLE, its a condition and not disease which cause pits and flesh missing mainly in tangs, angels and some rabbitfish. It is often caused by poor water quality, high use of carbon, poor water quality (elevated nitrate and ammonia) and inadequate/poor diet. It is not life threating in any way but offers secondary infection in some cases.
Maintaining GOOD water quality and diet are often the fixes and with severe cases, some healing.
Some foods to feed tang are :
LRS herbivore diet
Formula 2 flake and frozen
TDO Pellets
small plankton
Hikari Marine cuisine
Ocean nutrition veggie diet
spirulina brine shrimp
mysis shrimp
Prime reef
Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract

Add selcon vitamins to foods occasionally. I would hold off with carbon while trying to rectify the condition Unless you are having water clarity issues or similar.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back