Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I saw that my pH reached a new high of 8.4. For the longest time my daytime pH was maxing out at 8.2 and sometimes 8.3. The only thing that has changed in my SPS dominant tank is that I decreased the flow a little bit because I was thinking that my LPS on the sand bed (Hammers, Favias, Lobo) and my Softies (GSP, Mushrooms) haven’t been enjoying the high flow all this time. Could the higher pH be the result of said corals being happier, photosynthesizing ‘better’, for lack of a better word and producing more oxygen?

E93DFD02-89E7-4B29-B1C6-A5FA6FE8CDF3.jpeg

Corals.com
OP
OP
FrugalReefer

FrugalReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has the weather improved at all? I'd be inclined to attribute it more to better air circulation. In any event, nice pH!
Thanks. The only change with the weather here in San Diego is it’s gotten a little warmer. I can’t see better air circulation being the reason. We crack open the same windows everyday and the same people and animals (cats) are here everyday. In any event, hoping this isn’t a one day fluke and that I see 8.4 or even 8.5 a lot in the future.

Garf

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I saw that my pH reached a new high of 8.4. For the longest time my daytime pH was maxing out at 8.2 and sometimes 8.3. The only thing that has changed in my SPS dominant tank is that I decreased the flow a little bit because I was thinking that my LPS on the sand bed (Hammers, Favias, Lobo) and my Softies (GSP, Mushrooms) haven’t been enjoying the high flow all this time. Could the higher pH be the result of said corals being happier, photosynthesizing ‘better’, for lack of a better word and producing more oxygen?

View attachment 3122550
Perhaps you are not dragging in as much indoor air CO2 to the tank.

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that reduced aeration can raise pH in a high CO2 home air scenario.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

FM
Back