Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gbta in a 15 gallon established tank. Has been in tank for about 3 weeks and was moving around but seemed to find a happy place. I was happy it was upfront amd

last few days he has been hiding in a cave. His clown isn’t thrilled. Is this normal? Color seems good. Happily takes a small piece of silverside

He is in with a mantis shrimp. Mantis has never showed any aggression towards clown or bta

Lighting is Nicrew 30watt led. I will eventually get a a NooPsych k7 mini.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

CrazyDuck959

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gbta in a 15 gallon established tank. Has been in tank for about 3 weeks and was moving around but seemed to find a happy place. I was happy it was upfront amd

last few days he has been hiding in a cave. His clown isn’t thrilled. Is this normal? Color seems good. Happily takes a small piece of silverside

He is in with a mantis shrimp. Mantis has never showed any aggression towards clown or bta

Lighting is Nicrew 30watt led. I will eventually get a a NooPsych k7 mini.
Could you post a picture?

Top Shelf Aquatics

whatuknow

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put my bta in Saturday evening. Straight to cave and now not sure what the heck.

Attachments

• 16AD73C6-C95D-4A7D-91D6-5668D88306E0.jpeg
    16AD73C6-C95D-4A7D-91D6-5668D88306E0.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 43

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Put my bta in Saturday evening. Straight to cave and now not sure what the heck.
often they will do this when there is too much light or too much flow.

Nman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
often they will do this when there is too much light or too much flow.
My nems did this at the beginning moving about until they find good light and ideal flow. If you change anything flow direction. or lighting they may move again . One of my nems disappeared for a week came out and found happy place . I have found out just to leave them be and they sort themselves out . Make sure your power heads are covered just in case one decides to shred its self .

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralline and about 5 to six years. Not much done with it over the last 4 due to 4 back surgeries which is why I waited for anemone til now
As mentioned above it could just be getting accustomed to the new environment.

whatuknow

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nems did this at the beginning moving about until they find good light and ideal flow. If you change anything flow direction. or lighting they may move again . One of my nems disappeared for a week came out and found happy place . I have found out just to leave them be and they sort themselves out . Make sure your power heads are covered just in case one decides to shred its self .
That’s the kind of stuff that makes this such a great hobby. You see such odd stuff sometimes. For example I had this brain coral. It was my favorite. That sucker ate an emerald crab. It ate it like a spider would. When finally released she’ll intact but completely empty. Unfortunately I accidentally put an angelfish in that killed the brain.

Attachments

• E88AC429-3764-4D58-922B-FD607C4B46C3.jpeg
    E88AC429-3764-4D58-922B-FD607C4B46C3.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 34

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I dont cover power heads which are many. Too little light or water flow is only reason they will have a desire to climb

Top Shelf Aquatics

whatuknow

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont cover power heads which are many. Too little light or water flow is only reason they will have a desire to climb
That’s what I’m doing. Only thing I did was buy a ammonia test kit today as a just in case it ends up turning into a ball of snot

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That’s what I’m doing. Only thing I did was buy a ammonia test kit today as a just in case it ends up turning into a ball of snot
Test kit turns slimy ?

spineless

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super hard to get a clear pic. He’s tucked in pretty deep.
Kinda hanging from the top of the cave.
I put my first bta in my 40-gallon tank on 4/1/23, and fussed over it. First, it was open and looked happy, healthy, ate a few mysis shrimp. Then it shriveled up, fell off its rock, and didn't move. A green chromis died that day, so I freaked out and moved my new bta to my hospital tank, tested water, changed water, re-arranged filtering, etc. I put bta back and he was alive, so I tried to just not fuss and not look---until last night. He was gone!
I found him this morning, hiding under a rock. I had to use a flashlight to find him. I know he's alive because he moved a tentacle when I shone the light on him. I'm really happy to see he's not the first to crawl into a cave, so I'm keeping on with my "just assume it's okay" attitude.
Thanks to everyone for sharing their anemone-under-a-rock stories!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back