Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have no clue what happened but this morning I saw that my hermit crab had died and fell out of the shell so I naturally took it out and disposed it. However, now I’ve come back and see that somehow the shell has another crab in it ( the one that I thought died was the only one I had so another one couldn’t have just climbed in it’s shell ) so what happened to it ? Did it molt ?

Top Shelf Aquatics

TinyReefObsession

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have no clue what happened but this morning I saw that my hermit crab had died and fell out of the shell so I naturally took it out and disposed it. However, now I’ve come back and see that somehow the shell has another crab in it ( the one that I thought died was the only one I had so another one couldn’t have just climbed in it’s shell ) so what happened to it ? Did it molt ?
It’s pretty shocking the first time you see it lol I thought one of ours died and fell out of the shell too, then saw the little legs poke out of the shell and breathed a huge sigh of relief! :) Next time leave the molt for them- if what I’ve read is accurate, supposedly they eat it, and it replenishes their lost minerals and helps their new exoskeleton harden faster :) I gave mine a mysis feeding, since the molt fell away and he was stuck there for about 24hrs regaining his strength :(

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls
Back