Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of hermit crab this is and if I can have marine plants with it. He lives with a chocolate chip starfish, turbo snail and mantis shrimp and he doesn’t bother anyone.

BF542D5C-5A0B-4060-B047-4F007C9F6BD2.jpeg 87A8AB80-557B-4368-866F-6D6B3ACEC7B7.jpeg

CLICK TO VIEW

ISpeakForTheSeas

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it may be Clibanarius vittatus, the Thinstripe Hermit. I would assume you can keep it with macroalgae and/or seagrasses, but hopefully someone with experience with them will be able to tell you for sure here. As a side-note here, if the hermit isn't full grown yet and you don't already have bigger shells in the tank with it for it to choose from, it would be wise to add some for it.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

OP
OP
B

BlobfishBandit

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it may be Clibanarius vittatus, the Thinstripe Hermit. I would assume you can keep it with macroalgae and/or seagrasses, but hopefully someone with experience with them will be able to tell you for sure here. As a side-note here, if the hermit isn't full grown yet and you don't already have bigger shells in the tank with it for it to choose from, it would be wise to add some for it.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!
I'm not sure how old it is although the crab itself is a bit bigger than a quarter. I do have more shells but I don't know if they're big enough

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Back