Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with these? On the hardiness scale, where are they between aiptasia and gigantea/magnifica? I ask because I found a very nice green and yellow one, and I'd love to add it to my tank. Problem is, my tank is only a few months old (with ocean live rock) and I still have some algae. I do have lots of sponges, tunicates, and coralline algae that are growing well. It would be the first intentionally added cnidarian in the tank. Do they eat fish? Do they prefer rock or sand? Do they require any special care/considerations? All I've been able to find says that they split, have a formidable sting, don't host clowns, and are "easy" to keep. Anyone kept one or know someone who has? They seem uncommon, but also very unique in growth form and appearance. Thanks!

Avast

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with these? On the hardiness scale, where are they between aiptasia and gigantea/magnifica? I ask because I found a very nice green and yellow one, and I'd love to add it to my tank. Problem is, my tank is only a few months old (with ocean live rock) and I still have some algae. I do have lots of sponges, tunicates, and coralline algae that are growing well. It would be the first intentionally added cnidarian in the tank. Do they eat fish? Do they prefer rock or sand? Do they require any special care/considerations? All I've been able to find says that they split, have a formidable sting, don't host clowns, and are "easy" to keep. Anyone kept one or know someone who has? They seem uncommon, but also very unique in growth form and appearance. Thanks!
I had one a while back that turned into 25 or so in a year. they are as easy to keep as disco shrooms, do have a very strong sting, and nothing special about keeping them. Just keep params in check and stable. They are cool, but would not keep again, unless in a nem only tank. They are as bad as BTA with reproduction lol.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Biota Marine Life
Back