Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a 150 gallon, 5x2x2 , with center overflow

I have two mp60s, and two mp40s

right now I have an mp60 on the left side, and on the right side. Then mp40s on the back , one on each side of the center overflow box. I have the right mp60, syched with the left, back mp40, and the left mp60, synched with the right, back mp40.

All pumps are at about the same height on the glass. (6 inches from surface) Even tho I am running the pumps hard, I feel the middle mp40s spear the 60s going left to right on the tank, thus creating some stagnant movement in the middle.

many suggestions on how to run the 4 pumps for sps? Friend of mine saiD sell the 40s, just the the two 60s, but I hate selling stuff and I already have them .

Thanks

BRS

reelredfisah

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following have similar tank but twp MP40’s on one side and one MP60 on the other side.

the two MP40’s are stacked one lower and one higher. The MP 60 is about half way down.

Nutramar Foods

ScottB

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a 150 gallon, 5x2x2 , with center overflow

I have two mp60s, and two mp40s

right now I have an mp60 on the left side, and on the right side. Then mp40s on the back , one on each side of the center overflow box. I have the right mp60, syched with the left, back mp40, and the left mp60, synched with the right, back mp40.

All pumps are at about the same height on the glass. (6 inches from surface) Even tho I am running the pumps hard, I feel the middle mp40s spear the 60s going left to right on the tank, thus creating some stagnant movement in the middle.

many suggestions on how to run the 4 pumps for sps? Friend of mine saiD sell the 40s, just the the two 60s, but I hate selling stuff and I already have them .

Thanks
Never sell vortechs lol. They are like gold. But they are hard to get directionally dialed in. The problem gets even harder as the aquascape fills in. It is hard to advise without seeing your rock work and coral positions.

I used an airstone bubbler thingy when I was trying to figure out flow. Really helps to visualize the flow.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back