Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ ATO system. Scenario - float switch in the sump return pump chamber drops, signals the controller to activate the pump in the reservoir. Lights come on on the controller, pump activates, but no water flows. I manually jiggle the float, and the water flows. Then it will work fine for days, then repeat scenario. Second scenario - same as above, but water still doesn’t flow. I manually refill, jiggle the float, etc. until it works. Again, it wil function properly for a while, then repeat all the above.

There are no snails, no salt, no algae. Water tubing end is not submerged.

I have changed the float switch twice. I have changed the pump. I have moved the float farther away from the return pump. The controller itself seems to work ok. The first pump I had was submerged in the reservoir. The second pump is a Tom’s Aqualifter. Distance the water travels is approximately 24” vertical. Reservoir sits next to the sump, outside the cabinet.

I am hopeful that someone can help me figure out what’s wrong. I contacted the company already with no response.

Thanks!

632C6BE9-AAC6-4357-97C7-8476D57D283B.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ ATO system. Scenario - float switch in the sump return pump chamber drops, signals the controller to activate the pump in the reservoir. Lights come on on the controller, pump activates, but no water flows. I manually jiggle the float, and the water flows. Then it will work fine for days, then repeat scenario. Second scenario - same as above, but water still doesn’t flow. I manually refill, jiggle the float, etc. until it works. Again, it wil function properly for a while, then repeat all the above.

There are no snails, no salt, no algae. Water tubing end is not submerged.

I have changed the float switch twice. I have changed the pump. I have moved the float farther away from the return pump. The controller itself seems to work ok. The first pump I had was submerged in the reservoir. The second pump is a Tom’s Aqualifter. Distance the water travels is approximately 24” vertical. Reservoir sits next to the sump, outside the cabinet.

I am hopeful that someone can help me figure out what’s wrong. I contacted the company already with no response.

Thanks!

View attachment 2814597
Get a tunze lol.

In all seriousness it sounds like a defective product if youve replaced multiple things already and still not working.

Replace the whole thing.

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a problem with the pump….aqua lifters aren’t very strong, might be having trouble with the 24” vertical height. All the ATO controller should be doing is turning the power of the pump on or off, so if you can hear the pump getting power, the controller isn’t the problem.

CLICK TO VIEW

Biglew11

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a float valve or a switch. I know you said switch, but it sounds like you described a valve that's getting stuck.

As mentioned above if the pump is turning on then the controller is working. Sounds like weak pump or clogged valve.

Edit:
I just had my apex pmup not pump water yesterday even though it was turning on. I had to disconnect the tubing at the pump to get air out of the impeller.

Edit 2 :
This won't happen with an aqualifter pump.

mann1139

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which mode is the ATO in? I doubt it matters, but it does have multiple sets of logic.

If the yellow light is coming on, the ATO thinks its pumping. The next question is whether the ATO is sending power to the pump.

If you take the pump out of your reservoir, can you hear it turn on?

OP
OP
Z

zimmer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which mode is the ATO in? I doubt it matters, but it does have multiple sets of logic.

If the yellow light is coming on, the ATO thinks its pumping. The next question is whether the ATO is sending power to the pump.

If you take the pump out of your reservoir, can you hear it turn on?
I can hear the pump turn on while in the water, feel it vibrate, and when I take the tubing off I can feel the water coming out from the pump

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Z

zimmer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a problem with the pump….aqua lifters aren’t very strong, might be having trouble with the 24” vertical height. All the ATO controller should be doing is turning the power of the pump on or off, so if you can hear the pump getting power, the controller isn’t the problem.
I had a different pump (Sicce, I think) in the water and had the same thing

Biglew11

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can hear the pump turn on while in the water, feel it vibrate, and when I take the tubing off I can feel the water coming out from the pump
If the pump is moving water when disconnected. The it is either to weak to push the water or there is a clog in the line to the sump somewhere. There seams to be no issue with the sensors turning on the pumps.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back