Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys hello I am new to the saltwater reef tank hobby and need some help and recommendations. I got a clown fish that was hosting a anenome since when I first got him. My wife ended up wanting a phantom clowfish and first days was fine and today we noticed it was hosting the anenome and no is attacking the original nemo the tank is 150g and its pretty hard to catch one. What should I do are they going to kill each other

AS

Grootzilla

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish will fight in the beginning to establish who is going to become the dominante female. It is a process that takes about a month or two and it helps if one of the clowns is significantly larger than the other. If the clown that is getting bullied is really struggling and has super torn up fins and looks pale and is unable to leave a certain corner of the tank without being harassed then try to separate them to let the more submissive one heal and recover. But it is best to try to let them sort it out. It is important for them to establish the power dynamics.
Sometimes the pairing is rejected and you may have to try a different fish. Is the second fish a juvenile/small? If not there may be a chance that it is also female in which case they will fight till one dies.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

World Wide Corals
Back