Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have an led strip for lighting and I wanted to mount it above my tank. However, I am not looking to drill any holes in the wall (just remodeled the room) and I want to be able to secure it on the rim of my tank. Please send ideas to help me create something like the picture below.

light.jpg

AS

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just buy that mounting system from Current Orbit? I'm sure you could figure out a way to adapt it to your led strip.

I needed just the tank mounts for a bigger, heavier system to hold 2 Photon fixtures. I asked Current Orbit and they sent them to me free. I had heavy 3/8" polished aluminum brackets made by a local shop. I ended up mounting them to the wall rather than use the Current Orbit clamps because there wasn't enough room behind the tank! ;Wideyed

Screenshot 2020-10-04 075606.jpg

OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just buy that mounting system from Current Orbit? I'm sure you could figure out a way to adapt it to your led strip.

I needed just the tank mounts for a bigger, heavier system to hold 2 Photon fixtures. I asked Current Orbit and they sent them to me free. I had heavy 3/8" polished aluminum brackets made by a local shop. I ended up mounting them to the wall rather than use the Current Orbit clamps because there wasn't enough room behind the tank! ;Wideyed

View attachment 1814234
I have a fluval marine 3.0 led and the brackets are too large. I'm thinking just buying like you said and figuring out how to adapt it. Do you think current usa will send smaller brackets if i ask?

AquaCave Logo Banner

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval marine 3.0 led and the brackets are too large. I'm thinking just buying like you said and figuring out how to adapt it. Do you think current usa will send smaller brackets if i ask?

I don't know if they make anything smaller that the unit you have in your first post.

Avast

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That could work. I'd be careful with the Command Strips as the heat from the leds could increase the risk of adhesive failure.

OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That could work. I'd be careful with the Command Strips as the heat from the leds could increase the risk of adhesive failure.
Thanks, the command strips are only gonna be used to hold the bracket onto the wall and im going to use wire to hang the light

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back