Help with coral placement on new scape

Jgill70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello all. I recently redid my entire aquascape and need help selecting and placement of those corals. I currently have 4 sps and 3 lps in the tank. I am looking at only keeping lps and sps corals along with a zoa garden. I will attach a pic of the scape for reference. The rock on the lower right will be where the zoas will be going. I would like suggestions for the main aquascape.

IMG_0451.jpeg

carri10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquascape looks nice. Lots of different zones for different needs.
Have you measured the PAR levels at the various rock levels you have?
I would be mindful of anything that is plating on the top level, as you could quickly shadow the middle layer.
One thing that helped me when I was in your stage was to plan colours as well as final form. I now have some sticks and montis that will look really nice in terms of colour when thy grow out.

OP
OP
J

Jgill70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Aquascape looks nice. Lots of different zones for different needs.
Have you measured the PAR levels at the various rock levels you have?
I would be mindful of anything that is plating on the top level, as you could quickly shadow the middle layer.
One thing that helped me when I was in your stage was to plan colours as well as final form. I now have some sticks and montis that will look really nice in terms of colour when thy grow out.
Thanks for the reply. I have not measured par as I have no access to a par meter. My light is a t5 hybrid fixture with a hydra 32. The bulbs are 2 blue+ one coral+ and one actinic. I have the hydra at 50% intensity. I was looking at montis that are encrusting and not plating. Is there other lps you would recommend.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back