Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I got an algae blenny about a week days ago to help with the hair algae outbreak in my tank. Problem is, I can’t seem to find where he is. The first few days I had him he had a nice little spot where he would hid in my aquascape. But every time I tried to target feed him he wouldnt go for it. Now, he’s now in his little den and I haven’t seen him for a day. I’m getting a little worried that he died of starvation. Does anyone have any ideas to what’s going on? My tank is over a year old if that helps. Thanks!

T-J

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he ran out of food, and won't eat prepared food, it's possible it didn't make it. Having said that, I have a jawfish that will disappear for a day at a time in its burrow. Then, a day later, it magically appears and is happily eating and digging out the sand again.

OP
OP
L

Le Dirk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he ran out of food, and won't eat prepared food, it's possible it didn't make it. Having said that, I have a jawfish that will disappear for a day at a time in its burrow. Then, a day later, it magically appears and is happily eating and digging out the sand again.
Just when I saw this, he popped out of a hole in one of the rocks and started grazing on the algae!

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
JBJAquarium.com
Back