Help with a build

Bagelninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’m getting back to the hobby after a long gap. I never went too deep, only having one of the JBJ Nanocubes a little over 15 years ago. I’ve got more space, more time, and more money so wanting to a little bigger. I’ve been looking at the Red Sea max g2+ 300 but seen a lot of bad reviews. I’ve been also looking at the Nuvo Ext 50 which is a similar size but not quite as fully equipped. That said, with the 2k price difference I figure I can probably add a few things. So, the question is, what would folks recommend adding? I’m assuming I’ll need a power head and lighting as obvious gaps, but what else is worth the cost? Specific recommendations would be appreciated. I’m intending to do fish and coral if that helps. Thank you very much!

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to Reef2Reef!

I too came back after a long while off.

Those RedSea tanks do have some bad reviews, but there's also a lot of people who like them. I think the attraction is that they come with so much gear.

But personally I like selecting gear, and I would personally suggest that IM over the RedSea.

Some other options you may want to check out (in no particular order):
Tenecor seems to be temprarilly and posibly permently out of business. FijiCube may be an option to check out, but I have read some negatives about their tanks coming in scratched, and they were difficult to work with after the sale.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, IM is having a pre Black Friday sale currently, and SC Aquariums has always had a Black Friday sale in years past.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back