+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone -

I purchased a YMG a few weeks back and he went missing shortly after placing into my DT. I assumed the worst.

Surprisingly today, I was cleaning out some Chaeto in my sump and found him alive. Not sure how it survived the overflow, drain pipes, and filter sock chamber...

I got it out but he/she has some discoloration and some brown banding (looks like bruising) internally - see picture. Once back in my DT it swam around for about 30mins before swimming up to the overflow and getting stuck against the slots from the flow of water. I was able to quickly grab a breeder container which is where it is now.

Hoping someone can offer some advice to help him recover and adjust back to the DT. Anyway to identify what the banding is? Recommendations for food? Should I get another container and add some sand for it or setup separate quarantine tank?

Appreciate any/all feedback!

thank you....

7F9F5C9C-2832-4714-BDB9-9970DFC7694A.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

PR_nano

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be changing sex, female tend to turn grey in coloration and seems to start in bands like yours. It could also be nutrition deficit. Take a look at this thread someone had the same issue were their YWG ended up in the sump for some time and turn grey in color but with proper nutrition went back to bright yellow. Good luck keep us posted.

Yellow watchman goby no longer yellow | REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back