Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the TMC habitat 60, the overflow is noisy and I adjust the ball valve literally tiny amounts and the tank level is either too low, or it's noisy. How do I stop this? If I have the water level so high its flows down the overflow hard is bubbles in the sump like its throwing down loads of air, so I have it barely going over and just have a trickling noise. Super annoying. Any help on experience with this would be awesome

AquaCave Logo Banner

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the TMC habitat 60, the overflow is noisy and I adjust the ball valve literally tiny amounts and the tank level is either too low, or it's noisy. How do I stop this? If I have the water level so high its flows down the overflow hard is bubbles in the sump like its throwing down loads of air, so I have it barely going over and just have a trickling noise. Super annoying. Any help on experience with this would be awesome
Hi Oliver!

That is indeed annoying and to frustrating, especially if the tank is in a room where you spend a lot of time such as your living room. One thing you can consider if you have a DC controlled return pump is to try and either increase or reduce the flow ever so slightly based on the water level in your weir - to play with the pump in stead of the valve.

A better, more inconvenient option would be to get a gate valve and a new union in the correct size (TMC uses metric if I remember correctly!). It is so, so much easier to adjust - and on your tank it would look like it's fairly straight swap. I would strongly suggest this as a corrective action :)

Charterhouse Aquatics have a well stocked selection of plumbing parts.

Happy sunday!

OP
OP
O

oliverw953

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Oliver!

That is indeed annoying and to frustrating, especially if the tank is in a room where you spend a lot of time such as your living room. One thing you can consider if you have a DC controlled return pump is to try and either increase or reduce the flow ever so slightly based on the water level in your weir - to play with the pump in stead of the valve.

A better, more inconvenient option would be to get a gate valve and a new union in the correct size (TMC uses metric if I remember correctly!). It is so, so much easier to adjust - and on your tank it would look like it's fairly straight swap. I would strongly suggest this as a corrective action :)

Charterhouse Aquatics have a well stocked selection of plumbing parts.

Happy sunday!
Awesome! I'll take a look, thanks for the advice

Nutramar Foods
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back