Help tank completely crashed all fish and 75% of coral dead

BaileysTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, when I was on vacation a fuse poped on killed my entire system before I could get home (was across the country in a friends cabin that has no internet hence why I didn’t bat an eye when my Neptune said no internet) the morning of the incident my friend had sent photos of the tank all was well then due to his work schedule couldn’t make it back there until 24 hours later either way it’s all gone.

I’m looking for advice though, the rocks and other objects in there are littered with the bodies of my ecosystem (bristlworms, Bristol stars, bergghia, ect) could I wash off all these bodies and still use the rock? i would leave it for a few months to cycle again but is the rock still good?

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for advice though, the rocks and other objects in there are littered with the bodies of my ecosystem (bristlworms, Bristol stars, bergghia, ect) could I wash off all these bodies and still use the rock? i would leave it for a few months to cycle again but is the rock still good?
Yeah, I'd remove as many dead things as possible, and the rock should be fine to reuse right away - you can test it by seeing if it'll still process 2 ppm ammonia within 24 hours.

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
as stated but my twist is to “bucket cycle” the rock in a smaller tub or whatever… (with powerheads, et)
that way the amount of saltwater you throw away is minimized … and if that rock is truly dead and funky you might go through a few water changes

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back