Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the controller. I have an innovative Marine Neuvo Pro 10 gallon aio. Just got this light and the brief instructions don't help me know what settings to use. My tank is 14 months old. I have 2 clownfish, a rose bulb anonome, Xenia and gsp.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Reef.

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the controller. I have an innovative Marine Neuvo Pro 10 gallon aio. Just got this light and the brief instructions don't help me know what settings to use. My tank is 14 months old. I have 2 clownfish, a rose bulb anonome, Xenia and gsp.
Full, a nem likes a lot of light, build up over a couple of weeks, the light is only 15watts so full should be fine.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Reef.

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANKS. What about color?
Any you want, kessil adjust the spectrum to stay the same no matter if you have full blue or white ( obviously there is a slight difference but it’s marginal)
I have mine start off full blue, go to 50% at midday then down to full blue for the last four hours. You would need the control for that option tho.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Reef.

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, will the controller X work on the A80?
Yes but you won’t get the difference colour options as they are build into the light not the controller.

if you are not bothered about changing the blue throughout the day, a cheaper option is a smart plug, you may be able to pick up a controller cheap tho.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, will the controller X work on the A80?
I dont think there is a reason to buy this as it wont really help with color channels as Reef. said.
TBH this light is severly underpowered and you might want to return it for something like an ai prime or kessil a160we. It wont really give much par at the bottom of the tank. It is fine for stuff like low light softies (the xenia and gsp), but really isnt strong enough for bubble tips

OP
OP
D

dlh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but you won’t get the difference colour options as they are build into the light not the controller.

if you are not bothered about changing the blue throughout the day, a cheaper option is a smart plug, you may be able to pick up a controller cheap tho.
I have it on a smart plug for on/off. So exactly what would the controller do?

Top Shelf Aquatics

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it on a smart plug for on/off. So exactly what would the controller do?
should do on and off and increase/decrease the entire light at parts of the day. This is a low powered light so dimming wont really be necessary unless for aesthetic but I dont really see the point as it just makes it harder to see the tank. Dimming the light wont help corals or anything

OP
OP
D

dlh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should do on and off and increase/decrease the entire light at parts of the day. This is a low powered light so dimming wont really be necessary unless for aesthetic but I dont really see the point as it just makes it harder to see the tank. Dimming the light wont help corals or anything
So don't waste my money on a controller?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back