Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting a new tank this week 36x24x16(inches) will have a 2 inch or more sand bed and soft corals with at best a few torch/hammers eventually. I cannot hang from ceiling and would prefer as much coverage as possible to avoid dark spots. Very interested in LEDs (been away from hobby for 10+ years and LEDs were mostly nonexistent in the hobby then).
I am reading that there are big differences between strips and pendants as far as coverage. The tank will have no hood and likely some type of screen/glass top (young ones around who I need to keep out as opposed to keeping fish in lol). I have no real desire for the sps corals, never was fond of them for some reason. So, if it were you, what would you put on there?

Nutramar Foods

kev.2013

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 16's I am guessing you are suggesting? on separate mounts so they can be positioned separately or am I off base here?
lmk if you want to go throw route. I have 1 8mo old 16HD and 1 brand new in box (won from BRS) with mounts. Both units black.

Nutramar Foods

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've started using the Noopsyvhe K7 V3 lights on my tank, and so far for the price they're great.
You don't get an app to control them and the controller seems like it should be from the 90's, but the lights themselves are good.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back