+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So I've never been really satisfied with my Nuvo 40 (first tank), I don't like the cube shape at all, I made some begginer mistakes, I'd like to have a sump etc...

I'm getting a new house in less than a month and figured this was the best time to upgrade and I'm set on the Reefer 350.

I don't want to cheap on anything but I also don't have an unlimited budget and would like to keep things on a decent budget. Also I'm from Europe, so not everything you see on BRS etc is available. I intend to keep mostly LPS and softies with a few SPS but this won't be a SPS dominant tank.

What I was considering :

- Reefer 350 Deluxe : 1989€. I'm not totally set on the Reef Leds, let's say we could take them off and that would leave around 700€ for lights with fixtures if there is a better option in that price range. Willing to hear your opinions on this one, I really want something I can have total control over with an app though.

- For flow I already have a Jebao CP-90 and a Tunze pump, I'm not worried about this I can easily upgrade or add more.

- Skimmer : Deltec 600i 290€. I'm a bit lost with skimmers, are there more affordable options that would work better? I'd like something that allows a high bioload in the end.

- Return pump: no idea, I want something reliable that doesn't break the bank, some people use the Jebao but I'm not willing to risk their reliability for a return pump, losing some flow is okay but losing return is a nightmare.

- Heater : to be determined, again not a really big deal.

I'd like to keep something pretty low tech, I think a reactor would be too expensive so maybe a dosing pump would be cheaper, any advices on something that doesn't break the bank?

Am I missing anything? I will add controllers etc... in the future but for now my motto is to keep it simple with quality equipement, I don't want to cheap out and I'd rather add things in the future than make the same mistakes.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RSR350 as well, and I have a mix of softies and LPS. For lights I really like the T5 hybrid with LEDs I have seen really good growth and color from all my colors. I don’t have a crazy expensive LED, probably more on the cheap end, but with the T5s it has worked great and not broken the bank.

OP
OP
Krully

Krully

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say I’ve never considered T5s due to the bulb replacing thing and figured it was really expensive in the long run, I’ll do my research on those thanks!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Krully

Krully

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty much set on the ReefLed. I want something with pretty low maintenance and with easy control.
I’m going to get the Bubble Magus C7, it’s 100€ less than the Red Sea counterpart and seems to be working great.
I’m starting to plan my stocking list...

I’ll be transferring the following fish from my Nuvo 40:

- 2 clowns
- Midas blenny
- Fire shrimp and skunk cleaner shrimp
(6 lines will probably stay in the 40)

Fishes I would like to add:

- Yellow tang, will either upgrade again in the future or rehome it if needed, no need for the tang police!
- Yellow wrasse / melanurus wrasse (Both would be great but I need to research if it’s possible)
- Sand Goby with pistol shrimp
- Long nose hawkfish
- Yellow clown goby

How does that look? Is there room for more fish down the road? I’ll probably get a mandarin once the pod population is there which is why the 6 lines isn’t invited to the new house!
Thanks! :)

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back