+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!
Could you please help me figure out who are these guys?
1. Round whitish flower like thingy
2. Tube like white thingies
And any advise on how to get rid of them if in case they are unwanted pests...
Thank you in advance!!!

CCFEC58C-D0FF-41A3-8D16-0D00615D4507.jpeg 45CF9CB5-F551-4FED-82B1-B77107C56297.jpeg

BRS

ISpeakForTheSeas

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue light makes ID’ing things really difficult- do you have any white light pics of the things you’re hoping to ID?

If not, taking a couple of shots in the dark here, maybe a feather duster worm for the flower and either sponges (probably pineapple sponges) or vermetid snails for the tubes?

OP
OP
anabechara

anabechara

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue light makes ID’ing things really difficult- do you have any white light pics of the things you’re hoping to ID?

If not, taking a couple of shots in the dark here, maybe a feather duster worm for the flower and either sponges (probably pineapple sponges) or vermetid snails for the tubes?
Hi! Thank you!

I am adding a picture I just took from the rock. It is not obvious but the white thingies are like tubes, but nothing pokes out. (The ones in my cleaner I already wiped out)

I don't have a picture of the flowery thingy with white light. I killed it with superglue. (Not sure if it was a good or a bad move, but I keep freaking out every time I find new things that I did not put in there). In any case, the thing would hide and become invisible every time it sensed movement.

Attachments

• FBACC58B-7AE1-4D78-87BF-67ACD48FE797.jpeg
    FBACC58B-7AE1-4D78-87BF-67ACD48FE797.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 19
Nutramar Foods

ISpeakForTheSeas

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Thank you!

I am adding a picture I just took from the rock. It is not obvious but the white thingies are like tubes, but nothing pokes out. (The ones in my cleaner I already wiped out)

I don't have a picture of the flowery thingy with white light. I killed it with superglue. (Not sure if it was a good or a bad move, but I keep freaking out every time I find new things that I did not put in there). In any case, the thing would hide and become invisible every time it sensed movement.
Yeah, the white things are sponges - generally, they’re harmless filter feeders unless they start growing over and smothering corals (only a few, relatively rare sponges do this). If the spread too much, you should generally be able to scrape them off and just suction them out as you scrape.

With regards to the flowery thing, I’d suggest googling some pictures of feather duster worms and seeing if that’s what it was so you can know for future reference, as feather duster worms are harmless filter feeders, and many of the larger ones can be quite pretty as well.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back