Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I Currently Have a 15G Tank with a pair of clowns. I have a spare 10-gallon tank that I was planning on turning into a sump but I'm not sure if it will be suitable for 2 pairs of clowns. Would this be more successful and easier to maintain than turning the 10-gallon into a new tank and keeping the pairs in separate bodies of water?

Nutramar Foods

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two pairs of clowns in a small tank is unlikely to work. I recommend keep each pair in a separate tank. Good luck with whatever you choose!

TheReefDiary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I Currently Have a 15G Tank with a pair of clowns. I have a spare 10-gallon tank that I was planning on turning into a sump but I'm not sure if it will be suitable for 2 pairs of clowns. Would this be more successful and easier to maintain than turning the 10-gallon into a new tank and keeping the pairs in separate bodies of water?
wait 2 pairs of clowns as in 4 fish. or a pair of clowns as in 2 fish? 4 clowns wont work in either of those tanks. if you only have 2 and youre rehoming them to the 10 gallon and they are still relatively small it should be fine for a while. i wouldnt make that tank their permanent home though.

now if you have 4 clowns in either of those tanks i would reccommend rehoming 2 of them either to an lfs or a local reefer.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a small tank like that the two female clowns will not tolerate each other. Even in system that is 450 gal with multiple natural anemones, keeping two pairs of clowns (as in two female clownfish) is iffy at best and only work in small docile species of clowns.
You can keep a harem with just 1 female may be OK but the third and 4th clowns often get beat up often and will almost never have full undamaged fins in small tank like this.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back