Help..Do I need to empty & clean my RODI Bin??

BRS

CincyReefer07

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a complete brain fart tonight as I was getting ready to do one of my daily water changes. The right side is salt, left side is rodi. I noticed my salt was a little high for me what I keep my tank at… 1.026, I keep it at 1.025. So I went to add a couple gallons of rodi to it. Except I opened the bottom right valve, and my top two valves and kept the valve on bottom left closed. So basically what I did was pumped maybe a gallon of saltwater into my rodi container before I realized what stupid mistake I had made.

The ATO pump is in the rodi container and tops my tank off with rodi from that container. Do I now need to drain all 45 gallons of rodi in there and make new? Do I need to drain it all and then also scrub it clean? I’m so ticked at myself for such a stupid mistake not thinking.

What would you do in my situation??
F90286DA-FD1D-42EE-9D3A-C61C331A722A.jpeg

Last edited:
Corals.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just had a complete brain fart tonight as I was getting ready to do one of my daily water changes. The right side is salt, left side is rodi. I noticed my salt was a little high for me what I keep my tank at… 1.026, I keep it at 1.025. So I went to add a couple gallons of rodi to it. Except I opened the bottom right valve, and my top two valves and kept the valve on bottom left closed. So basically what I did was pumped maybe a gallon of saltwater into my rodi container before I realized what stupid mistake I had made.

Do I now need to drain all 45 gallons of rodi in there and make new? Do I need to drain it all and then also scrub it clean? I’m so ticked at myself for such a stupid mistake not thinking.

What would you do in my situation??View attachment 2936038
No - as you add water , it will water down to no reading in time.
You can also drain some into buckets and salvage for future use or upcoming water change

OP
OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - as you add water , it will water down to no reading in time.
You can also drain some into buckets and salvage for future use or upcoming water change
Ok cool, I was thinking it’s probably not a big deal, but at the time I did it and as I was typing the post I was so ticked at myself for letting myself do something so dumb. I checked it with my Hanna salinity tester and it wasn’t even reading anything so I don’t think it was much that went in, a gallon at most, maybe not even that. Just annoyed at myself because I try to keep that rodi one especially so clean and sterile for rodi only.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AquaCave Logo Banner
Back