Help! Discoloration on clownfish

RDReefNYC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed two spots of discoloration on one of my clownfish today. Seems lower energy but is still eating. Added some coral to the tank on Sunday, I dipped everything but I’m assuming that’s the source. Can someone identify what this is? 15 gallon tank with inverts in it so I can’t treat the tank. Could try to set up a hospital tank tomorrow but everything I’ve read makes me think I’m screwed and going to lose both fish. Any advice welcome.

IMG_1043.jpeg IMG_1035.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1042.mov
    28.9 MB

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Noticed two spots of discoloration on one of my clownfish today. Seems lower energy but is still eating. Added some coral to the tank on Sunday, I dipped everything but I’m assuming that’s the source. Can someone identify what this is? 15 gallon tank with inverts in it so I can’t treat the tank. Could try to set up a hospital tank tomorrow but everything I’ve read makes me think I’m screwed and going to lose both fish. Any advice welcome.

IMG_1043.jpeg IMG_1035.jpeg
Looks like an old nick or injury in the healing process. I dont see this as a parasitical issue and one to keep an eye on for healing/ clearing and these can even be sand grains which will be gone overnight

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back