Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys - it's been a while a don't post here. Just got rid of a bad algae breakout and regained my love and faith on the hobby!

I got a 75g with 30g sump going for about a year now, and haven't done much to it other than cleaning and regular maintenance. Today I found myself staring at the tank for a good half hour and started to think that it looks crawded with fish, so here are my 2 questions:

1. I've got a Yellow Tang (growing fast, he was about 2 inches a year ago), pair of Clowns, 2 Green Chromis, Royal Gramma, Diamond Goby and my latest addition to help control the algae, a Lawnmower Blenny. 8 fish total. The Blenny has decided to eat only misys shrimp and flakes, no algae. I feel like the bioload is too big for a 75. Skimmer cup fills up ever 10 days or so. Do you guys think I should let some of these guys go?

2. The old Yellow Tang in a 75 controverse. Tango the Tang looks happy as ever, very active and healthy-looking. The yellow dude is my wife's passion. BUT, I feel like it's getting too big to hide on his cave. We have plans to upgrade in a year or so from now. Do you think we are torturing the poor thing? (Other than keeping him on a glass box).

Also any input on improving the aquascape on the heat interest of the fish is appreciated!
I'm thinking in letting the Blenny or the Goby + the 2 Chromis go.

Thanks, here's a tank shot:
20180907_195229.jpg

Nutramar Foods

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are fine. I have 9 fish in a 75 and will add a few more.
Kole tang, Foxface, 3 green chromis, bicolor blenny, indigo dottyback and 2 clowns
I also have cleaner shrimp, fire shrimp, 2 fan worms, emerald crab, corals, hermits and snails of various kinds.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO your not near overload and that’s enough room for a yellow tang.. back in the days before the tang police I kept one in a 55 for many years, he was calm, fat and happy.

Corals.com

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of these fish are bothering their tank mates then I would consider removing the aggressor to keep the tank "peaceful." Otherwise, it does not sound too crowded at this point.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back