Help! Clown fish behavior!

What can I do to help her or is this normal?

• Advice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Uhenry1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the fish community and I recently moved to Okinawa Joan and got a clown fish. They only had 1 at the time and she has a blueish fish in there with her and they said they can be together. But anyhow she has been swimming in all different ways. Head down with belly against glass, on her side, head up with belly in glass and when I feed them she dosnt seem to eat and just hangs out near the glass. I feed them twice a day with tetrakrill tropical (that’s what they recommended). I’ll try and post a pic.

image.jpg

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are always on the go, I don’t have anything to host them. Is she eating? She could just be a silly fish. Do you notice any lesions? Any spots ot
Ut of the ordinary? Mine will glass surf, going up and then down and when she sleeps she will move side to side but stay in one spot.

OP
OP
U

Uhenry1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are always on the go, I don’t have anything to host them. Is she eating? She could just be a silly fish. Do you notice any lesions? Any spots ot
Ut of the ordinary? Mine will glass surf, going up and then down and when she sleeps she will move side to side but stay in one spot.
No I looked and didn’t see in physical damage on her and I tried to put soft things in her take bc I heard they are sensitive to the rough stuff you can get so it’s all jelly like. But the first few days she seemed normal than started this. Idk if I need a bigger tank or what or she may just be a clown lol

OP
OP
U

Uhenry1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is the tank? Is it cycled? What’s the salinity, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and temp?
The tank isn’t too big I’m not sure the size like a 1.5 feet long. And the water is the water they gave me at the fish store bc I just got her less than a week ago. They said I can get water from the ocean and she will be fine as long as it’s clean a few feet back from shore line. The temp is at 20*C. They said if it passes 23 to get a heater. And it’s a filter tank.

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be any of 1,001 things, or it could be nothing. They're weird-acting fish.
Not eating is the immediate thing. It could be as simple as offering another type of food. Frozen mysis is very popular.

If that fails, then you need to consider a bunch of possibilities... ammonia, salinity, disease... the list goes on. Even with free water, you'll want some basic test kits and a refractometer for the long term. Hope it goes well.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked the ammonia level? It seems you didn’t cycle before adding her, so she could be showing signs of stress. If so you would need to be changing out a good bit of water to bring the ammonia down, and let the tank cycle. Sounds like a ten gallon. I definitely wouldn’t add any more fish.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ecotech Marine
Back