Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been using api tests for a yr now and decided to start with some other test and ordered the salifert CA and KH/ALK tests and I can’t figure out what to do with the calcium test and no videos are equal to what came in my kit. When I follow the instructions I use the entire syringe of a-2 reagent and it never changes color?
Any help?

image.jpg image.jpg

Nutramar Foods

helmsreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new kit requires you do dump .60 of CA2 into the testing vile. It will turn pink. You then use the remainder of the syringe with CA2 into the vile like you would on the earlier kits. It should slowly run back into blue. That is the number you go off of. They essentially got rid of the second step which was previously to mix CA1 powder, and at 10ml of CA2 and they use CA3 to get your reading. Not sure why as I have had the old instructions ingrained in my brain.

Nutramar Foods

helmsreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No do not refil the syringe, just make sure the syringe is filled properly and the you added a proper level filled scoop already to your test water. Release .6 of the CA2 into the vile, you should still have. 4 in the syringe. Swirl the water around now with the powder. 6ml of CA2. Once it turns pink, then slowly start adding the remainder of .4ml of CA2.

Corals.com
OP
OP
pweezy42

pweezy42

Community Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could never get mine to work either. The instructions are straightforward, so unless I'm really stupid I wasn't doing it wrong. I finally threw it away and bought a Red Sea kit instead.
I’m thinking about the same already lol, well I was looking at Hannah but heard they are tough to use as well

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aqua SD
Back