Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys this is my first big tank 65”L 30”W & 17” tall (pretty much 150g according to BRS calculators). Will be a budget build because I can’t convince myself why to buy the higher end stuff. Doesn’t make sense to me. Please let me know if they’re are better suggestions/options! :)

return pump - Jebao dcp 8000

Lighting- either 61” aquatic t5 hybrid or 4ft aquatic life coral cover (kinda worried about spread but doing softie/lps so does it matter? Would love to not worry about bulbs) with ai primes or noopyche v3 pros

ATO- auto aqua smart ATO lite

heater- not sure please let me know

would also like to run refugium only with filter roller & carbon bags or chemi pure elite (gfo kill chaeto?) (need filter roller suggestions) would it work?

plumbing- 1 -1&half (maybe 2”) return on back of the tank and -1 same size overflow on back bottom corner of tank (really need help plumbing) would like to keep it simple, thinking about soft plumbing and get a sump going right to left so I would only need 1 elbow for return & straight shot for over flow (also what do you think about heating and bending pvc instead of using elbows like king of DIY does? Makes sense less leak chance) thinking 1 overflow with ball valve and 1 return line but can I connect 2 return pumps to the same line

not worried about dosing for fist year really
& am I missing anything?

It is 8ft long but about 2&half feet is divided, need help deciding what to do with that side! Thinking either sea horse & pipefish with my mandarins or red/yellow belly piranha or Turtle or baby tortoise tank

BB3E0864-8510-4ACE-9F74-C204DF1A2B2D.jpeg 18EABDFC-5FC8-46B2-87E8-29EA57D3B404.jpeg 8F643BAD-241D-47B2-9150-F48E5CA8E64E.jpeg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
OrlandoAIOReef

OrlandoAIOReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys this is my first big tank 65”L 30”W & 17” tall (pretty much 150g according to BRS calculators). Will be a budget build because I can’t convince myself why to buy the higher end stuff. Doesn’t make sense to me. Please let me know if they’re are better suggestions/options! :)

return pump - Jebao dcp 8000

Lighting- either 61” aquatic t5 hybrid or 4ft aquatic life coral cover (kinda worried about spread but doing softie/lps so does it matter? Would love to not worry about bulbs) with ai primes or noopyche v3 pros

ATO- auto aqua smart ATO lite

heater- not sure please let me know

would also like to run refugium only with filter roller & carbon bags or chemi pure elite (gfo kill chaeto?) (need filter roller suggestions) would it work?

plumbing- 1 -1&half (maybe 2”) return on back of the tank and -1 same size overflow on back bottom corner of tank (really need help plumbing) would like to keep it simple, thinking about soft plumbing and get a sump going right to left so I would only need 1 elbow for return & straight shot for over flow (also what do you think about heating and bending pvc instead of using elbows like king of DIY does? Makes sense less leak chance) thinking 1 overflow with ball valve and 1 return line but can I connect 2 return pumps to the same line

not worried about dosing for fist year really
& am I missing anything?

It is 8ft long but about 2&half feet is divided, need help deciding what to do with that side! Thinking either sea horse & pipefish with my mandarins or red/yellow belly piranha or Turtle or baby tortoise tank

View attachment 3118097 View attachment 3118098 View attachment 3118100
Also best way to clean? It is acrylic. Citric acid and micro fiber cloths? Or plastic cards?

BRS
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
World Wide Corals
Back