Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4-5 in Black Widow missing this morning and found a quarter size white hard piece of what looks like a chunk in my powerhead. Tank is 100% fine. No nitrate spike. All livestock and corals seem fine. No cloudy water this morning?
Did a 20% water change.
Could that have been all that’s left of the anemone on the powerhead over night? No other pieces in the tank or anywhere else.
Apex parameters seem normal.
Any other concerns for the rest of the tank at this point?

8176B9BA-9241-42F7-87DB-B47B22D4E6F9.jpeg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
danno13

danno13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90 gal tank. Was missing this morning and so far tank seems ok. All corals are open and seem normal. I’ve literally everywhere and not many places to hide.
not sure what else that chunk of flesh would be in the tank. But no other pieces of anything in the tank, filter socks or sump.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your water volume? A 4-5" BTA going through the dicer should leave a lot more clues than what you're seeing.

How do the other corals look? I'd guess that the nem is hiding, if everything else is just fine.
You'd know if that big of a nem went through the equivalent of the food processor overnight. Las time I had a condy pull that stunt, water was cloudy as all get out.

OP
OP
danno13

danno13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have go
You'd know if that big of a nem went through the equivalent of the food processor overnight. Las time I had a condy pull that stunt, water was cloudy as all get out.
it would have gone through at 1200am and I didn’t see that tank till 9:30am. I figured 9 hours it would have cleared up.

Corals.com

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have go

it would have gone through at 1200am and I didn’t see that tank till 9:30am. I figured 9 hours it would have cleared up.
If you run some carbon, yeah it will clear up quicker, also how big is the display v. the nem size, that also makes a difference. As @Lost in the Sauce said, there is usually other tells that the nem is gone. I run dominant softies and they react to everything...

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
danno13

danno13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you run some carbon, yeah it will clear up quicker, also how big is the display v. the nem size, that also makes a difference. As @Lost in the Sauce said, there is usually other tells that the nem is gone. I run dominant softies and they react to everything...
90 gallon. Don’t run carbon currently. Haven’t added any today yet either. ORP, Nitrates etc are normal. Haven’t tested ammonia but all fish seem ok. No sting marks on any corals that I can see.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even without big pieces of flesh, a chopped up nem will nasty up your filter socks quickly.

I'd pull out out, turn it inside out and look for a coating of gelatinous goo. Without that, I'd put money on it hiding.

Any chance it split recently? Every time my Sherman split, both sides move and hide for a little while.

OP
OP
danno13

danno13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even without big pieces of flesh, a chopped up nem will nasty up your filter socks quickly.

I'd pull out out, turn it inside out and look for a coating of gelatinous goo. Without that, I'd put money on it hiding.

Any chance it split recently? Every time my Sherman split, both sides move and hide for a little while.
Literally in the tank 2 days.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally in the tank 2 days.
That would have been good info to have in post 1.

It's hiding.

Now that you've already gotten scared by it, anenome proof your tank. All powerheads should have covers to protect them from anenomes.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would have been good info to have in post 1.

It's hiding.

Now that you've already gotten scared by it, anenome proof your tank. All powerheads should have covers to protect them from anenomes.
That explains the lack of cloudy water!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AquaNerd
Back