Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best way to help heal bta stings? I’m assuming that’s what stung me in a few places on my arm while moving some coral around.

they look worse now that it’s been a few days but I’m assuming that’s normal. My only concern is there’s red circles around them so will watch to make sure they don’t get bigger

I put polysporin and also those pimple stickers on them last night to see if it’d take out any venom? or anything which was useless

thanks & merry Christmas Eve!!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Best way to help heal bta stings? I’m assuming that’s what stung me in a few places on my arm while moving some coral around.

they look worse now that it’s been a few days but I’m assuming that’s normal. My only concern is there’s red circles around them so will watch to make sure they don’t get bigger

I put polysporin and also those pimple stickers on them last night to see if it’d take out any venom? or anything which was useless

Any pics of stings?
Many reefers react to certain salt mixes high in zinc, magnesium etc and often break out in rashes.
For either, triple antibiotic ointment will help and decrease any potential infection as will hydrogen peroxide to wash area affected

OP
OP
itselenababe

itselenababe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pics of stings?
Many reefers react to certain salt mixes high in zinc, magnesium etc and often break out in rashes.
For either, triple antibiotic ointment will help and decrease any potential infection as will hydrogen peroxide to wash area affected
These are the worst ones but there’s about 6 of them. They look a bit worse/more red in person. Pretty gross sorry in advance lol
44359E2A-C26F-4547-A7AE-04CB88EEBEE3.jpeg

vaguelyreeflike

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If its a few days later that isnt normal, i have extremely sensitive skin and most nems hurt me, the longest ive ever had them sting for is the next 12hr with some of the worst ones. I would go to the dr and make sure theyre not infected, it sounds infected.

OP
OP
itselenababe

itselenababe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its a few days later that isnt normal, i have extremely sensitive skin and most nems hurt me, the longest ive ever had them sting for is the next 12hr with some of the worst ones. I would go to the dr and make sure theyre not infected, it sounds infected.
Really?? Ok I will go asap. Thank you!

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
These are the worst ones but there’s about 6 of them. They look a bit worse/more red in person. Pretty gross sorry in advance lolView attachment 2947709
These do look like anemone stings. Working in the medical field, few if any are deadly or highly infectious and sterilization of areas are a start. You can get by with simple topical cream such as hydrocortisone cream leaving the area exposed to air for healing also allowing any spines from anemone to emerge and get removed.
Pain relievers such as Ibuprofen will help and is also an anti-inflammatory. If you go to a doctor, they may suggest a tetanus shot if yours is not up to date

OP
OP
itselenababe

itselenababe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These do look like anemone stings. Working in the medical field, few if any are deadly or highly infectious and sterilization of areas are a start. You can get by with simple topical cream such as hydrocortisone cream leaving the area exposed to air for healing also allowing any spines from anemone to emerge and get removed.
Pain relievers such as Ibuprofen will help and is also an anti-inflammatory. If you go to a doctor, they may suggest a tetanus shot if yours is not up to date
Thank you! I’m not sure if my tetanus is up to date, is that a possibility from stings?

I’ve been stung by birdsnest with a similar reaction and never went to the dr, do you think it’s worth it for these? I only ask because it’s highly unlikely my dr is knowledgeable on this (about time he retired honestly) so I’d probably have to go to urgent care

BRS

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thank you! I’m not sure if my tetanus is up to date, is that a possibility from stings?

I’ve been stung by birdsnest with a similar reaction and never went to the dr, do you think it’s worth it for these? I only ask because it’s highly unlikely my dr is knowledgeable on this (about time he retired honestly) so I’d probably have to go to urgent care
If you have hydrocortisone and Benadryl or ibuprofen, start with that and you should see improvement and can apply ice to both bumps if there is discomfort. You would by now have symptoms if you reacted to stings with respiratory issues and swelling. Most stings produce rashes and two bumps is a good sign. Just assure no new one emerge and if you see yourself having breathing issue, light headiness or other - call urgent care first to save a medical bill and follow their direction.

OP
OP
itselenababe

itselenababe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have hydrocortisone and Benadryl or ibuprofen, start with that and you should see improvement and can apply ice to both bumps if there is discomfort. You would by now have symptoms if you reacted to stings with respiratory issues and swelling. Most stings produce rashes and two bumps is a good sign. Just assure no new one emerge and if you see yourself having breathing issue, light headiness or other - call urgent care first to save a medical bill and follow their direction.
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it. Happy holidays :)

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Attachments

• gloves.jpg
    gloves.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 11
AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Diaper
Back