Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up a 110g in CA to move to CT late last year, but I more than made up for it with my new tank. I started with cycled water in January 2021 and the fish are doing great but the corals need patience, which I struggle with. Yes, I bought things I shouldn't have, but I was overconfident because the tank looked great. Then my heater failed. Then the powerheads failed. Then the tank overheated because we had a heatwave and I don't have A/C because I just moved here and didn't think I'd need it. So now I'm battling what looks like a 2nd mini-cycle and enough brown diatoms to start a company distributing them. Losing lots of SPS and LPS. Oh, well. It'll all get sorted and then I'll be buying livestock again. Turkey baster = reefer's best friend. Here to make local friends and find people to talk to about fish and corals who won't look bored and walk away.

Photos are from the initial setup; the tank is more mature now. I literally bought this place because it had a perfect spot for the tank, plumbed through the wall into the bathroom pipes for auto RODI ATO topoff and AWC. Now, if I could only grow enough corals to make the investment in the Trident pay off, I'd really be happy!

20210110_090801.jpeg

20210130_163727.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!! Thanks for sharing the story of your tank and include photos!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up a 110g in CA to move to CT late last year, but I more than made up for it with my new tank. I started with cycled water in January 2021 and the fish are doing great but the corals need patience, which I struggle with. Yes, I bought things I shouldn't have, but I was overconfident because the tank looked great. Then my heater failed. Then the powerheads failed. Then the tank overheated because we had a heatwave and I don't have A/C because I just moved here and didn't think I'd need it. So now I'm battling what looks like a 2nd mini-cycle and enough brown diatoms to start a company distributing them. Losing lots of SPS and LPS. Oh, well. It'll all get sorted and then I'll be buying livestock again. Turkey baster = reefer's best friend. Here to make local friends and find people to talk to about fish and corals who won't look bored and walk away.

Photos are from the initial setup; the tank is more mature now. I literally bought this place because it had a perfect spot for the tank, plumbed through the wall into the bathroom pipes for auto RODI ATO topoff and AWC. Now, if I could only grow enough corals to make the investment in the Trident pay off, I'd really be happy!

View attachment 2290471
View attachment 2290472
Welcome fishgardener,
Those pesky corals do try your patience, but are worth waiting for.
Success will be yours.

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

dwair

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 2290471
View attachment 2290472
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Beautiful tank!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank, I love the aquascape and welcome!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back