+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm in Minnesota. I've never had an aquarium before but always wanted one. I have a Red Sea Reefer XL 200. Setup is new from 12/2/22 and I love my local fish store as they are the ones setting things up and really helping me out.

I have two Davinci Clownfish (Mona and Salvator) and a Watchman Goby with a Pistol Shrimp (Tic and Tac).

The live rock came with a few tiny starfish but also some bristle worms. My wife sent me a video this morning of a possible fireworm. That's the reason I found this forum as I'm going to try the bottle-straw bristle worm trap (just need to get some shrimp).

I look forward to learning as much as I can!

David

Nutramar Foods

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

BRS

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Hope you guys are doing well up there. My family is in MN and I was born and raised there. Do not miss the cold at all. :)

Could just be a bristle worm. They get everywhere. Fireworms are the devil though. I got hit by one and will never for get that two+ weeks of pain.

Good luck. Make a build thread and we can see your progress. Ask questions, research, enjoy!

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Corals.com
Top Shelf Aquatics

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm in Minnesota. I've never had an aquarium before but always wanted one. I have a Red Sea Reefer XL 200. Setup is new from 12/2/22 and I love my local fish store as they are the ones setting things up and really helping me out.

I have two Davinci Clownfish (Mona and Salvator) and a Watchman Goby with a Pistol Shrimp (Tic and Tac).

The live rock came with a few tiny starfish but also some bristle worms. My wife sent me a video this morning of a possible fireworm. That's the reason I found this forum as I'm going to try the bottle-straw bristle worm trap (just need to get some shrimp).

I look forward to learning as much as I can!

David

Hi David and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID).

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back