+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Experts:

Well I picked up this Blonde Naso and it's been doing amazing for a month now... I noticed this spot on the front fin, not sure if I missed it when I picked it up from the store. When I saw this 2- weeks ago, I thought it might be a piece of sand or debris. It has not come off. The fish is completely happy, no signs of stress, eating normal, no darting, scratching etc. Is this something to be concerned with? I looked close at the body and there appear to be scars or battle wounds...Nothing that I could Identify as ick or anything my limited experience has.. It's been 30 years since I got back into the hobby so trying to re-learn the little that I knew before... See videos, Tiny spot on the opposite side fin as well... VIDEO'S

Attachments

• IMG_2678.MOV
    41.6 MB
  • IMG_2677.MOV
    30.4 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello Experts:

Well I picked up this Blonde Naso and it's been doing amazing for a month now... I noticed this spot on the front fin, not sure if I missed it when I picked it up from the store. When I saw this 2- weeks ago, I thought it might be a piece of sand or debris. It has not come off. The fish is completely happy, no signs of stress, eating normal, no darting, scratching etc. Is this something to be concerned with? I looked close at the body and there appear to be scars or battle wounds...Nothing that I could Identify as ick or anything my limited experience has.. It's been 30 years since I got back into the hobby so trying to re-learn the little that I knew before... See videos, Tiny spot on the opposite side fin as well... VIDEO'S
bottom of belly looks like post injury that has healed and on the fins is a viral issue known as lymphosystis which is a condition and not disease and is often caused by poor water quality (can be elevated nitrates or ammonia) and/or diet deficiency. The reaction can be the water it was in at the store. Overall fish looks good
With good water quality maintained and diet, it will eventually fall off by itself. Some good foods to feed are :
LRS herbivore diet
Formula 2 flake and frozen
TDO Pellets
small plankton
Hikari Marine cuisine
Ocean nutrition veggie diet
spirulina brine shrimp
mysis shrimp
Prime reef
Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract

You dont need to feed all these. Add selcon vitamins to foods occasionally

Add selcon vitamins to foods occasionally

OP
OP
Gondeep11

Gondeep11

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you

vetteguy53081

Water Quality is perfect and consistiant and I am feeding pretty much a mix of everything you listed aside from flake! ...

Thanks for all the help!!!!! Pete (Aka Vetteguy #2 )

PXL_20220518_185337511~2.jpg

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Experts:

+1 on the lesions being Lymphocystis. They may spread and get worse for a time, but they will recede in a month to 6 weeks. It is a virus that gets into the fish's skin cells and causes them to grow to gigantic size.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thank you

vetteguy53081

Water Quality is perfect and consistiant and I am feeding pretty much a mix of everything you listed aside from flake! ...

Thanks for all the help!!!!! Pete (Aka Vetteguy #2 )

View attachment 3072649
hey, what a coincidence- This is the VERY vette I told my daughter. .
One Day and , I mean one day- I'LL NEVER AFFORD THIS !!

OP
OP
Gondeep11

Gondeep11

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey, what a coincidence- This is the VERY vette I told my daughter. .
One Day and , I mean one day- I'LL NEVER AFFORD THIS !!
I'm gonna sell it cheap for more tanks and Fish and corals and pumps lol ... I'm so over the top addicted to this after 25+ years of being away... Technology has made this soooooooooooo much better..... Thanks again to everyone for the help @Jay Hemdal

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
BSA
Back