+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to pick out a RODI unit I had this one in mind
I also planned on just using the faucet in the bathroom should I order this off amazon or would it be easier to go somewhere like Lowes?

And does any TDS meter work? I don't want to sound like a bot but I never bought anything like this stuff in life lol if anybody can help me out it would be very much appreciated.

CoachRichardson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that unit. Hooks right up to the sink or hose bib either. It seems to work fine but very slow at 50g per day. I am wanting to upgrade to the BRS 5 stage soon. It will work fine but depends on how much water you are going to make.

Upvote 0

ScottJ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one. They work fine, but they are slow. I get about a gallon an hour off my laundry sink faucet. Just have to plan ahead. It should have all the fittings to hook up to an average faucet.

You can get one of those TDS pens, or for a few bucks more, a duel probe meter you install right inline on the filter.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

Naptown Natural

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that unit. Hooks right up to the sink or hose bib either. It seems to work fine but very slow at 50g per day. I am wanting to upgrade to the BRS 5 stage soon. It will work fine but depends on how much water you are going to make.
I got a 37 gallon tank I'm planning on using it for I was going to fill my tank with water from the lfs and then use this unit to make water for water changes and top off water

Upvote 0

Dbichler

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 37 gallon tank I'm planning on using it for I was going to fill my tank with water from the lfs and then use this unit to make water for water changes and top off water
Your better off waiting and using your own rodi than trust a lfs unless you know they use 0 tds water.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

Naptown Natural

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same I have one I make about 10 gal every two weeks I bought a tds meter with it and hooks right up to bathroom sink
yeah that's exactly what I need just something simple i can just hook up to the sink and get going did you have to get a adapter?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

Naptown Natural

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one. They work fine, but they are slow. I get about a gallon an hour off my laundry sink faucet. Just have to plan ahead. It should have all the fittings to hook up to an average faucet.

You can get one of those TDS pens, or for a few bucks more, a duel probe meter you install right inline on the filter.
what does a duel probe meter do?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

Naptown Natural

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer ones that use standard filter replacements. Regardless of which one you get, make a bypass around the DI resin for flushing the membrane every time it's turned on.
If you dont mind me asking how would I go about doing that?

Upvote 0

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm trying to pick out a RODI unit I had this one in mind
I also planned on just using the faucet in the bathroom should I order this off amazon or would it be easier to go somewhere like Lowes?

And does any TDS meter work? I don't want to sound like a bot but I never bought anything like this stuff in life lol if anybody can help me out it would be very much appreciated.
I did and it was not a good investment. The cartridges are small and you cant see them and the output is very low which explained the low price I paid

Upvote 0

Spare time

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dont mind me asking how would I go about doing that?

Basically split the line going into the DI resin into two lines. One goes to the resin and one to the sink. For the first minute or so of the unit being on, allow that to enter the sink. This will drastically prolong the DI resin life

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

Naptown Natural

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically split the line going into the DI resin into two lines. One goes to the resin and one to the sink. For the first minute or so of the unit being on, allow that to enter the sink. This will drastically prolong the DI resin life
Ok I got you I'm probably going to reply to you again on here when I get it and set it up so I can make sure Im doing it the right way lol

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What did you end up switching too?
1683765090846.png

TYPHOON III EXTREME 150 GPD REEFKEEPER RODI - SV-6 SUPPLY VALVE​

ShareShare on Facebook TweetTweet on Twitter Pin itPin on Pinterest
The Typhoon III EXTREME ReefKeeping RODI 150 GPD
5 stage with ASOV

Easy to use push-in fittings make installation a snap. 20 years and thousands of reefkeepers later and still no reports of problems. We offer you a complete one frame system which has all the protection you will ever need.

All of our Typhoon machines are equipped with re-usable DI cartridges. The Typhoon is a 5 stage RODI (Reverse Osmosis/De-Ionizing) reefkeeper supplied with a 150 GPD (TFC) membrane for truly great water quality and production rates. This Typhoon unit comes fully assembled and is equipped will all first class installation hardware, including a sturdy extruded clamp style water supply valve, drain saddle, two in-line ball valves, and 24 feet of 1/4" tubing. We even include the filter wrench. All fittings are push-in, eliminating the need for tools, teflon tape, or glue. Comes with a fast flush flow restrictor to reduce TDS creep and prolong the life of the membrane. This Typhoon III EXTREME is a SUPER upgraded version of the basic Typhoon. It is a 5 stage 150 GPD RODI that comes with a higher volume membrane, plus a DI bypass assembly, plus a RO only valve, plus a Senno hand-held TDS Meter, plus a built-in pressure gauge, plus a built-in TDS alarm, plus a dual in-line TDS meter, plus an upgraded catalytic carbon pre-filter, plus a tubing cutter and plus a float valve ($175 in additional value over the Typhoon ).

The five stages of filtration are as follows:
Stage 1 - Heavy duty, standard industry size 10 micron Poly Pro Sediment filter.
Stage 2 - An activated granular catalytic carbon filter, removing 99% of chlorine and chloramines.
Stage 3 - 1 micron acid washed GEM coconut carbon block filter, that removes the remaining chemicals and chlorine.
Stage 4 - 150 GPD TFC membrane removing up to 98% of TDS (Total Dissolved Solids)
Stage 5 - A full sized, high capacity, re-usable DI cartridge* to bring the TDS down to ZERO.

Dimensions and Weight
Dimensions:

Width: 22" x Height: 15" x Depth: 5.5"

Weight: 20 pounds
Illustrations/Diagrams/InstructionsTyphoon III Extreme Diagram
Extreme Typhoon Installation Instructions
How to Change Filters

With TDS ALARM, DUAL PROBE IN-LINE EC and Hand Held digital TDS meters.

• TW-1812 -150 Membrane produces 6.25 gallons per hour or 150 gallons per day.* (Stage 4)
  • Full size Color Changing mixed bed D.I. using Resin Tech DI resin.
    This is a refillable D.I. cartridge saving you huge money down the road. (Stage 5)
  • One micron pre-filter array (1-3) of the five stages.
  • Filters and the membrane are installed for you the day the unit ships out.
  • Totally automatic shut offsystem includes float valve and ASOV.
  • ASOV: This valve is activated by water pressure and shuts water to system off, no need for electrical devices.
  • Float valve keeps your Rubbermaid storage tank full and activates the ASOV.
  • The Fast flush membrane saving feature comes installed.
  • The D.I. water Bypass system ball valve & check valve installed.
  • The R.O. only sample port that our customers love to use for filling jugs of R.O. drinking water comes installed.
  • This (0-150) psi gauge is actually big enough to read and is mounted in the frame.
  • All clear filter housings (300) lbs. burst tested.

The Five full stages of water treatment Included and installed.
  • Poly Pro sediment 10 micron
  • Granular Activated Catalytic Carbon in a refillable media housing.
  • Gem Coconut carbon block acid washed one micron.
  • The thin film composite Axeon 150 GPD membrane rated at 98% rejection of TDS.
  • The MIXED BED D.I. Chamber, full sized and filled with both cation and anion resins from Resin Tech.

The Typhoon III is at the very top of the Pure Water field, and this Extreme model is just that: EXTREME.
You get all of the features offered with the famous Typhoon III
Plus this incredible array of TDS monitoring devices:

• The TDS alarm has a red light that flashes to remind you to do maintenance.
  • The hand held digital TDS meter is for testing your feed water quality and any other source of potable water.
  • The Dual probe dual r

Regular price$309.95Sale price$299.95
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
Rodi System Configuration : - TYPHOON III EXTREME 150 GPD REEFKEEPER RODI

TYPHOON III EXTREME 150 GPD REEFKEEPER RODI
$299.95+

Water Supply Connection : - SV-6 Supply Valve

Upvote 0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back