Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be a crazy question. So I noticed when testing with the ulr tester, I follow the directions and press the button to cycle the 3min countdown before the rest is run. When I get the results it shows whatever it tests at ppb. But if I let the sample sit for say ten min and run the test again the result is consistency higher than the first test. I have tried this a few times when testing and each time the number is higher vs the first reading it gives me. And not just a little higher. So what gives?

Gadbery

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be a crazy question. So I noticed when testing with the ulr tester, I follow the directions and press the button to cycle the 3min countdown before the rest is run. When I get the results it shows whatever it tests at ppb. But if I let the sample sit for say ten min and run the test again the result is consistency higher than the first test. I have tried this a few times when testing and each time the number is higher vs the first reading it gives me. And not just a little higher. So what gives?
Test is designed to be ran after 3 min. Waiting even longer means the chemical reagent has longer to sit scewing the result. Same concept as peeing on a pregnancy's test and leaving it for an hour itll turn to a positive cause its meant to be read in 90sec (ya been through that scary crisis.)

If you are concerned grab another test kit from another brand to compare it to.

I also assume when you retest your testing (initial test with another tube of straight tank water.)

Upvote 0

taricha

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some reactions are color stable and some are not. Some lose color, gain color, change colors altogether after their intended reaction is done. This doesn't mean they are measuring anything better - it just means the reaction products aren't stable and shouldn't be used after the set time.

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back