Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this good or bad?? I have been reading that the lower the number the better but when I look at the Hanna checker list online it’s comparing that to PPB which would put me between 7ppb & 8ppb. Getting some coral delivered tomorrow. Debating on doing a water change and getting the brown algae that I have starting to build up on my rocks.. I do weekly water changes being that I have a small evo 13.5 nano tank. Have some rock flowers, RBT anems, a mandarin, gramma and clown. Though keep in mind these Hanna packs I expired 09/2022.. would that make a difference on my reading?? Anything I could do before tomorrow to help drop the numbers?

14CC749C-7983-4864-B58A-88C60B02C5D0.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this good or bad?? I have been reading that the lower the number the better but when I look at the Hanna checker list online it’s comparing that to PPB which would put me between 7ppb & 8ppb. Getting some coral delivered tomorrow. Debating on doing a water change and getting the brown algae that I have starting to build up on my rocks.. I do weekly water changes being that I have a small evo 13.5 nano tank. Have some rock flowers, RBT anems, a mandarin, gramma and clown. Though keep in mind these Hanna packs I expired 09/2022.. would that make a difference on my reading?? Anything I could do before tomorrow to help drop the numbers?

View attachment 3096148
Yes get some new reagent packs. Dont use expired packets.

.01-.1 PPM for phosphate is a good rule of thumb.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0.23 ppm (230 ppb) phosphate = ~75 ppb phosphorus

It's a bit high, but high can be OK, even much higher than yours.

A water change may not make a big difference due to potential desorption from rock and sand.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AFX
Back