Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My Hanna ph checker is now flashing at 8.6 which is meaning the ph is higher than 8.6 so should I just go with the flow or should I figure out how to bring my ph down some?
I don’t dose anything right now
Just auto water changes daily(7L)

BRS

glb

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Hanna ph checker is now flashing at 8.6 which is meaning the ph is higher than 8.6 so should I just go with the flow or should I figure out how to bring my ph down some?
I don’t dose anything right now
Just auto water changes daily(7L)
I wonder if your reagent is bad. I’d check the ph with another test kit before starting to dose anything. Good luck!

OP
OP
Reefing.with.Rich

Reefing.with.Rich

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I wonder if your reagent is bad. I’d check the ph with another test kit before starting to dose anything. Good luck!
It’s the same reagent iv been using for weeks now
Days ago things were normal and then I left the windows open one day and noticed it went up quite a bit but hasn’t came back down for two days now

Top Shelf Aquatics

GATOR DAVE

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem and the checker actually went bad as determined by Hanna. It’s very hard to get to or actually be above 8.6 in pH. Verify your reagent is still good, ( I had a new bottle with the same problem on the checker occurring) and if it continues contact Hanna. They will have you send it in and if it is bad they returned a brand new one back to me. (I was within a year for warranty). Good luck

OP
OP
Reefing.with.Rich

Reefing.with.Rich

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had the same problem and the checker actually went bad as determined by Hanna. It’s very hard to get to or actually be above 8.6 in pH. Verify your reagent is still good, ( I had a new bottle with the same problem on the checker occurring) and if it continues contact Hanna. They will have you send it in and if it is bad they returned a brand new one back to me. (I was within a year for warranty). Good luck
I have a spare bottle of reagent so I’ll try that, and then I’ll try my salifert ph test kit and then go from there
Thanks!!

GATOR DAVE

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a spare bottle of reagent so I’ll try that, and then I’ll try my salifert ph test kit and then go from there
Thanks!!
Thats what I would do! PH is a slow mover naturally (not dosing to affect it) and is normally pretty stable. Let us know how your Salifert reads!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Battlecorals
Back