Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m trying to clear copper from my DT. 300gallons. I’ve completed 6 (180-200 gallon) water changes. But I’m always sitting on .21-.19 I can’t explain it. Yesterday I read copper at .21 I then completed a 150 gallon water change. Waited an hr. Checked copper. .21 once again. Makeup water is Rodi. I’m running poly filters and cupasorb. New poly filters are 4 days in and not changing colors. Not sure I should continue massive water changes or except that readings are bad. I need to make sure copper is clear before adding my Bamboo sharks and coral back in. Any thoughts? Can the Hanna checker be off. I find it odd that the rocks could be leaching exactly .21 in copper every water change.

Any help appreciated
Thank you

AquaCave Logo Banner
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if your test water sample is testing at .01-.02 off from what you dosed, then the checker is not off enough to account for the .21 or so showing in the DT. I would say continue the water changes and fresh poly pads and curisorb.

Dont beat your head against a wall, copper is notoriously hard to remove and its generally not easy.

OP
OP
S

speedjester

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make a test water. Mix up 5 gallons of new salt water, dose it appropriately to whatever ppm you want, Id do 2ppm. Then test it with the checker. This will tell you if it is off.

Well if your test water sample is testing at .01-.02 off from what you dosed, then the checker is not off enough to account for the .21 or so showing in the DT. I would say continue the water changes and fresh poly pads and curisorb.

Dont beat your head against a wall, copper is notoriously hard to remove and its generally not easy.
We’ll just mixed up some fresh salt water. Reading is .17 can’t believe that’s getting through my Rodi system.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
S

speedjester

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahhhh there is the culprit! But thats great news, you have your answer though. And you can buy new canisters or add another to fix it though.
I just changed everything about 4 month ago. But I’ll order new filters. Seems to be a lot of copper for city water.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration
Back