Hanna Bluetooth master tester HI97115UC anyone?

AI Hydra

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched the saltwateraquarium.com video on the new master tester and am curious if anyone is considering one? It looks pretty usefull but I'm already invested in 5 of their testers already so probably won't bite :thinking-face: I really like the ability to log the results from multiple tanks. I have stuff going on a couple of my tanks and have been testing almost daily and recording the results in a notebook.

Nutramar Foods

EL_Perron

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just watched the saltwateraquarium.com video on the new master tester and am curious if anyone is considering one? It looks pretty usefull but I'm already invested in 5 of their testers already so probably won't bite :thinking-face: I really like the ability to log the results from multiple tanks. I have stuff going on a couple of my tanks and have been testing almost daily and recording the results in a notebook.
Pricey for sure...however, I dont think it is crazy expensive. Sure, you can log by hand and that is always an option...but to have it in the app and you can graph it is awesome. I think it is great have just one unit as opposed to the other. I would just sell the others and recoup some of the money.

It is odd, Hanna has it listed on their site with the same number, but no real mention of bluetooth and an MSRP significantly lower then what the few retailers have it listed for...so I am a bit confused on that.

I will be buying it for myself.

C_AWOL

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the older marine master and the big test tubes are way easier to use and clean than the small ones the checkers use to say the least.
Main downside would just be that you can only do 1 test at a time vs doing multiple at once with different checkers.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pricey for sure...however, I dont think it is crazy expensive. Sure, you can log by hand and that is always an option...but to have it in the app and you can graph it is awesome. I think it is great have just one unit as opposed to the other. I would just sell the others and recoup some of the money.

It is odd, Hanna has it listed on their site with the same number, but no real mention of bluetooth and an MSRP significantly lower then what the few retailers have it listed for...so I am a bit confused on that.

I will be buying it for myself.
I didn't think it was crazy expensive either. I also like the ability to graph and have everything in the app instead of flipping through pages. If I keep talking I'll talk myself into it. If you get one please post your impressions and tag me if you don't mind so I don't miss it.

Corals.com

rhitee93

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I returning to the hobby after 20 years, and am just now setting up my first tank. I am also a data junkie and love the idea of storing test data automatically.

Still, a good chunk of change. It boils down to ~$50 a test kit which is not bad, but how many of those test will I really be running in the first year of getting a tank acclimated?

I bet I end up with one of these eventually...

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back