Hang on Wall, Low Profile, Electrical Breakout Panel with GFCI

AI Hydra

How Do You Organize Your Electrical (Multi-Choice Allowed)

• Mostly Outside the Cabinet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bar|none

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm 5 months (operational) into my Reefer 170 build. The tank is oriented caddy corner and I had originally put the Neptune and Energy 8 inside the cabinet. This worked but as the tank has evolved more and more power bricks and cords are building up in back of the tank.

That and I also now need a second Energy8 bar. Yeah things have gotten complicated with Hybrid lighting, UV, More power heads etc.

I also did not have a GFCI and I can't access the outlet well enough anymore to wire in a GFCI there so, long story short, its time to make a breakout panel.

I found a really nice GFCI that is waterproof and designed for construction (North Shore Safety). That will be feeding the panel. I'm using starboard light and the panel material which is easy to work with, light and waterproof.

I got some wire routing channel strips so am adding those liberally.

The key to the system mounting on the wall are 4 Delrin spacers. The two on the bottom are fixed to the panel. The two on the top are fixed to the wall and have a cut groove where stainless screws mounted to the panel lock in. In this way, the panel can be removed for access by just lifting up and out.

There is a shelf at the bottom where my dosing containers will live.

It currently mounted to the wall but I have not yet moved and organized the equipment on it. We'll see how that goes next.

I'm really happy with the connection to the wall, there is no play at all, feels secure.

IMG_7024.jpg IMG_7025.jpg IMG_7020.jpg IMG_7022.jpg IMG_7019.jpg IMG_7021.jpg IMG_7023.jpg

OP
OP
bar|none

bar|none

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally done and reorganized.What a difference.

All the powerbricks except two for my Ecotech MP10 are behind the panel. I also got to move one of my Doses onto the panel and I have the shelf left for something new. I did design it to fit a Trident someday. We'll see.

Took like 2 hours to untangle the rats nest that was back there. That was a nightmare that was unmanageable.

_DSC1616.jpg

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back