Hammer coral not opening

starfishguy869

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got my branching hammer coral, I saw that a tiny piece of flesh at the bottom of the bag. Usually, corals open up in one hour, but this hammer hasn't opened up for the last 3 days. It isn't showing any skeleton and the flesh band is quite nice. Could a damage in the coral be the reason why it'll refuse to open? I've had bad luck in the past with damaged hammers and I hope that this won't be the second time.

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what flow and lighting do you have them under? any pics of the coral so we can take a look?

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got my branching hammer coral, I saw that a tiny piece of flesh at the bottom of the bag. Usually, corals open up in one hour, but this hammer hasn't opened up for the last 3 days. It isn't showing any skeleton and the flesh band is quite nice. Could a damage in the coral be the reason why it'll refuse to open? I've had bad luck in the past with damaged hammers and I hope that this won't be the second time.
Pictures would help us see what is wrong with your coral!
Parameters?
Light in your tank?
What about pests or livestock? Are they bothering your coral?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back