Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 40-gallon mixed reef tank housing 7 fish.
Blue star leopard wrasse
clownfish pair
silver belly wrasse
starry blenny
Pj cardinal
1 single blue/green chromis.
I also currently have a derasa clam, a crocea clam, a rock flower anemone, and a rainbow bubble tip anemone. I saw a beautiful Haitian anemone at my lfs and think it would do well in the tank. I run carbon and so far my anemones seem pretty good. I don't they won't fight. I worry that I know Haitian is known to attack fish. Will it attack bigger fish like wrasses? Or will it only go after smaller fish like Gobies and such? Also, will it be fine in a mix reef tank housing sps, lps, and various soft corals?

Nutramar Foods

AC1211

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 40-gallon mixed reef tank housing 7 fish.
Blue star leopard wrasse
clownfish pair
silver belly wrasse
starry blenny
Pj cardinal
1 single blue/green chromis.
I also currently have a derasa clam, a crocea clam, a rock flower anemone, and a rainbow bubble tip anemone. I saw a beautiful Haitian anemone at my lfs and think it would do well in the tank. I run carbon and so far my anemones seem pretty good. I don't they won't fight. I worry that I know Haitian is known to attack fish. Will it attack bigger fish like wrasses? Or will it only go after smaller fish like Gobies and such? Also, will it be fine in a mix reef tank housing sps, lps, and various soft corals?
How big is the Haitian anemone now?
I would think some fish are at risk... the pajama cadidnal and the blenny seem most at risk due to slow movement.

Mr_Knightley

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would warn against Haitian condies as an unplanned addition. They have an incredibly powerful sting and root their tentacles super deep in the rocks, making removing them a total pain. I don't have others' stories to back this up, however I have seen fish get stung by my Haitian nem and die the next day, supposedly from the venom though I can't be sure.

On the bright side, they are gorgeous, hardy anemones that tolerate clownfish relatively well (though even my skunks got stung at first). The chemical warfare with these guys is also pretty serious, so keep that in mind.
Overall, they are very cool anemones but I would not risk adding one to an established tank.

Avast

albano

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would warn against Haitian condies as an unplanned addition. They have an incredibly powerful sting and root their tentacles super deep in the rocks, making removing them a total pain. I don't have others' stories to back this up, however I have seen fish get stung by my Haitian nem and die the next day, supposedly from the venom though I can't be sure.
+1…. Not worth the risk! Condy can be fish and coral killer!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back