Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been letting algae go wild in my tank for a while, while it goes through 1st year uglies.

I've been letting the pods thrive from it, making sure it doesn't bother corals, and pick off some only when it's going to cause a problem.

Well, suddenly this last week, i noticed some that was about 2 inches long the was like a thick turf, suddenly started detaching. I got ny syphpne out, and the entire rock came clean aside for the red macro growing on it.

I did not take a picture of the after yet, i will get one this evening, but here is a before from 4 weeks ago. The hair algea you can see in this picture, has since completely covered the rock, and then all at once came loose enough to siphon out witg h no effort, aside from unclogging it as it all came off in one piece.

I did not know it would do that, it had me worried if there is something I should be checking.

Has this happened for any of you?

20230422_210139.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated photo

I still haven't found much on what I am guessing was a mass die off of hair algae. Very strange. Hair algae on the othee side of the tank seems fine, but I think its a different species.

I've also noticed half of my chaeto has disolved.

Attachments

• 20230517_185954.jpg
    20230517_185954.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 9
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Join the movement!
Back