hair algae? or something else?

sheepersheep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is in my neighbors fish tank, it’s over about 99% of the rocks and i don’t know if it’s a white looking hair algae?
i don’t think it could be something like a hydroid, it doesn’t really have that feathered look, and comparing it to the hydroids in my own tank, they don’t look the same.

sorry if the pictures are bad, im taking care of the tank while he’s on vacation and the lights are controlled with an app.

IMG_8306.jpeg IMG_8307.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
this is in my neighbors fish tank, it’s over about 99% of the rocks and i don’t know if it’s a white looking hair algae?
i don’t think it could be something like a hydroid, it doesn’t really have that feathered look, and comparing it to the hydroids in my own tank, they don’t look the same.

sorry if the pictures are bad, im taking care of the tank while he’s on vacation and the lights are controlled with an app.

IMG_8306.jpeg IMG_8307.jpeg
This may be turf algae but these pics are too dark with blue lighting to tell or confirm. Please repost using bright white light intensity only

OP
OP
sheepersheep

sheepersheep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be turf algae but these pics are too dark with blue lighting to tell or confirm. Please repost using bright white light intensity only
the lighting is controlled via app and my neighbor is on vacation, so i can’t change the light. but i’ll look into turf algae, see if it matches

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back