Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reefers, I have been trying to get rid of some hair algae growing on tips of acro's , months back I had a bad dino outbreak and it did a number on a few acro's . Since I finally beat the dinos now the tips that were damaged are growing hair algae. I have cut the tips off to remove but keeps coming back. Can someone please give me a few tips to get rid of it. Today I dialed back the red and green channel on radions to see if that will help.

KKY

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I first used a precise tweezer to remove the visible algae, then used coral feeder to blow the tips couple times a day, and kept the environment stable to allow fast growth; it healed up gradually and the algae was gone.

In my other tank I just left it there for the arco to battle with the algae, it gradually covered the tip and algae was gone.

Corals.com

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reefers, I have been trying to get rid of some hair algae growing on tips of acro's , months back I had a bad dino outbreak and it did a number on a few acro's . Since I finally beat the dinos now the tips that were damaged are growing hair algae. I have cut the tips off to remove but keeps coming back. Can someone please give me a few tips to get rid of it. Today I dialed back the red and green channel on radions to see if that will help.
First to my mind, your nutrients are not balanced and you are getting burnt tips. This happens when fighting dinos or other things.

List your parameters, all of them please.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Back