• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Gyre XF-250, Two Pumps

Kengar

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm posting now to see if there's interest. I'll take pix later. Unit is up and running on tank, so I wouldn't be able to show "clean and purty" anyway at the moment. I can take pix on tank if desired....

I bought a single-pump setup second-hand, but it had never been used or installed. It was BNIB. It has been running in my tank for maybe two or three months as I've cycled rock and started to add stock. Some hair algae had been there but has faded away, little if any coralline. Nothing some vinegar shouldn't clean. Runs fairly quietly; additional rotors and cages (as per original package), snail netting, replacement bushings, booklet, etc. all included.

I recently added a second pump that I purchased used from a friend. I completely cleaned the unit (including the motor and rotor) and put on the backup rotors he included. There is, however, a little chatter when I mount it vertically, but not when I mount it horizontally.

On both units, I removed the locking collar that secures the male connector to the female connector on the pump cables, and I shaved down the protruding ring around the female connector side. This was to allow the connector to pass through a 1/2" hole in my bracing, so that cords don't wrap around the top of the tank but rather lie flush. Friction holds things together tightly, so not an issue.

I'd like to run Vortechs on the back wall of the tank instead, for the aesthetics.

$225 shipped for all, FIRM. Or $190 picked up, 20878 (Gaithersburg, MD), FIRM.

Send a PM with your email address if interested, I'll pick up conversation by email since it's easier for me than going on line.

PIX this afternoon.....

AS
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Kengar

Kengar

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
argh. hate this upload utility

Recently bought, used.jpg

Original I bought, unused.jpg

IMG_5822.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

cord through bracing.jpg

Recently bought, used.jpg

Original I bought, unused.jpg

IMG_5822.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

cord through bracing.jpg

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back