+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Does anyone know what the sudden appearance of this neon green color on the body of this GPS is an indication of?
NEW FIRST TANK INFO.
15G W.B. mini pen, Fully Cycled (BRS 4-month dry rock cycle) This GSP is the first coral to go in. GSP has been in the tank for 4days. The tank has one wild-caught Leapod Sea Robin. He has been in the tank for 3 months
ALK 8.6
PH 8.0
CAL 470
MAG 1280
NITRATE 5
SAL 1.026

Nutramar Foods

olonmv

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Does anyone know what the sudden appearance of this neon green color on the body of this GPS is an indication of?
NEW FIRST TANK INFO.
15G W.B. mini pen, Fully Cycled (BRS 4-month dry rock cycle) This GSP is the first coral to go in. GSP has been in the tank for 4days. The tank has one wild-caught Leapod Sea Robin. He has been in the tank for 3 months
ALK 8.6
PH 8.0
CAL 470
MAG 1280
NITRATE 5
SAL 1.026
Sounds like it’s opening up. The skin of a GSP is a purple color when they are closed when they start to open up the polyps peek out slowly and are a bright green color. Perhaps that’s what you’re talking about? Post some pics of what you’re talking about otherwise, it’s just a guessing game.

OP
OP
Zakk

Zakk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it’s opening up. The skin of a GSP is a purple color when they are closed when they start to open up the polyps peek out slowly and are a bright green color. Perhaps that’s what you’re talking about? Post some pics of what you’re talking about otherwise, it’s just a guessing game.
Thank you for the response. I just joined to ask this question. I tried posting pictures with this but when I attach them the thumbnail is blank with a delete trash can in the right-hand corner. I Tried everything and looked at every setting. Any idea why they aren't posting?? Is it because I'm new? The pictures are jpegs. Do they have a size restriction?

So Back to the GPS. The pictures would have cleared this up but I will try and explain. The green color is not on the polyp. It is on the body itself the polyp housing is still purple.

I will keep trying to post pictures. I have read all the stickies and posts about posting pictures but nothing I could find addresses... The file looks like it is attached but the Thumbnail is blank and now I know when I post, nothing gets uploaded.
Thank you much for your help.

World Wide Corals

olonmv

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the response. I just joined to ask this question. I tried posting pictures with this but when I attach them the thumbnail is blank with a delete trash can in the right-hand corner. I Tried everything and looked at every setting. Any idea why they aren't posting?? Is it because I'm new? The pictures are jpegs. Do they have a size restriction?

So Back to the GPS. The pictures would have cleared this up but I will try and explain. The green color is not on the polyp. It is on the body itself the polyp housing is still purple.

I will keep trying to post pictures. I have read all the stickies and posts about posting pictures but nothing I could find addresses... The file looks like it is attached but the Thumbnail is blank and now I know when I post, nothing gets uploaded.
Thank you much for your help.
Is there a way you could maybe take a video, post it on YouTube and link it up here? If you can, please do so in white light.

kevgib67

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Above “write your reply “ are boxes. The first hs B I and the second has something like a paper clip and a square with a portrait, tap on this ans a square will come up “ drop image “ tap it and it will give options as to where you want to get your picture from like your photo album. Choose the picture and it will download it to your post. I agree with olonmv with how it was explained.

kevgib67

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to add pic.
9AF9E89C-52F6-4B9D-95A4-6CC6A7089771.png

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Gsp require moderate water flow and subtle light and occasional addition of both iron and stronium for color and growth. Assure nitrates are not elevated

OP
OP
Zakk

Zakk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Above “write your reply “ are boxes. The first hs B I and the second has something like a paper clip and a square with a portrait, tap on this ans a square will come up “ drop image “ tap it and it will give options as to where you want to get your picture from like your photo album. Choose the picture and it will download it to your post. I agree with olonmv with how it was explained.
Thank you, That was the first thing I tried. Same thing though. The file looks like it's loaded. The file name is there but the thumbnail picture isn't. When Try and post it, it doesn't post. Just kicks me out to start again. Has to be a setting on my end that's not letting post for security reasons. Maybe someone from admin. tell me if I did someone wrong when registering.

GSP Info.= It's definitely, not the polyp opening. The green color change has appeared on the base of the coral, The protruding tube that houses the polyp is still purple. The polyp is not trying to extend at all. Just brought it back LFS. They say they have never seen any like it. Just my luck. Left it there to see if they can save it.

Sorry for all the drama. I really thought this would a quick and simple way to ask some of the most experienced people in reef keeping if they ever have seen this before. But having no pictures is a deal killer. So feel free not to post unless you see pictures pop up here.
Thank you again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zakk

Zakk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok found a workaround. Emailed them to myself then copied and pasted them in. I tried videoing but really this picture captures whats going on best. I included a pic of the Sea Robin in case someone was curious about him. Let me know if anyone has seen this before in a GSP and knows the cause. The color change is taking place inside the body of the coral and is spreading rapidly. LFS tested for copper. There was none. Going to send out an A.T.I. test next week unless someone here knows what's causing this. He is not happy about something in this tank :angry-face: Oh yea and my hands never go in this tank no aerosols sprayed nearby, Tank glass cleaner only. Here is the tank info again. And Thank you again.

NEW TANK INFO.
15G W.B. mini pen, Fully Cycled (BRS 4-month dry rock cycle) This GSP is the first coral to go in. GSP has been in the tank for 4days. The tank has one wild-caught Leopard Sea Robin. He has been in the tank for 3 months. Lighting is the BRS 70% HD PRIME schedule.
ALK 8.6
PH 8.0
CAL 470
MAG 1280
NITRATE 5
SAL 1.026

1674592574954.png

1674592611777.png

Last edited:
CLICK TO VIEW

kevgib67

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, not the picture I had in my head when you described it. I have not seen this before but I have never seen dying tissue on a soft coral turn bright green. There are different types of gsp, branching, green, neon green etc. I have the plain green. Perhaps you have the neon green gsp and the colors are bleeding through. Perhaps you could Google a picture of them closed and see it it looks similar or contact a vendor that sells them and ask. Hopefully someone more intelligent than me will chime in. Good luck! Oh, I love the sea robin, first time I saw one!

OP
OP
Zakk

Zakk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, not the picture I had in my head when you described it. I have not seen this before but I have never seen dying tissue on a soft coral turn bright green. There are different types of gsp, branching, green, neon green etc. I have the plain green. Perhaps you have the neon green gsp and the colors are bleeding through. Perhaps you could Google a picture of them closed and see it it looks similar or contact a vendor that sells them and ask. Hopefully someone more intelligent than me will chime in. Good luck! Oh, I love the sea robin, first time I saw one!
Ok, Thank you. Will try that. Also thank you for the tip about the possibility of different skin colorations. Yes, Sea Robin is cool. Showed up in my cast net one day. Here is another pic of him. Bottom dweller.
1674607568404.png

Last edited:

kevgib67

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, Thank you. Will try that. Also thank you for the tip about the possibility of different skin colorations. Yes, Sea Robin is cool. Showed up in my cast net one day. Here is another pic of him. Bottom dweller.
View attachment 2989915
Love it, so unique!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back