Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got in 6 green chromis and put them in a observation tank for 1 month, after 4 weeks I noticed that one of the green chromis had a red dot on its side. I got worried that these fish may have something wrong and went with a treatment for uronema I got off of Humble Fish. I ordered formalin and metro and started the tank on 1 scoop of metro per 10 gal every 2 days and started soaking all food in metro, I did this for 1 week before I had time to set up a new sterile system after the new system was set up I did the formalin bath for 1 hour at the concentration recommended from humble and transferred the fish into the new system. I then continued the metro at the same dose with the food soak as well. It has now been 2 weeks post the formalin bath and a total of 3-4 weeks on metro. The red dot has diminished in appearance, no other signs of infection have been noticed on any fish. I have had these green chromis for 2 months, except for the 1 red dot I have not noticed anything wrong with them, they seem healthy, eating well, swimming normal etc.
How risky would it be to add these fish to my display tank at this point? Is there anything I should be worried about appearing after 2 months?
Thank You

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got in 6 green chromis and put them in a observation tank for 1 month, after 4 weeks I noticed that one of the green chromis had a red dot on its side. I got worried that these fish may have something wrong and went with a treatment for uronema I got off of Humble Fish. I ordered formalin and metro and started the tank on 1 scoop of metro per 10 gal every 2 days and started soaking all food in metro, I did this for 1 week before I had time to set up a new sterile system after the new system was set up I did the formalin bath for 1 hour at the concentration recommended from humble and transferred the fish into the new system. I then continued the metro at the same dose with the food soak as well. It has now been 2 weeks post the formalin bath and a total of 3-4 weeks on metro. The red dot has diminished in appearance, no other signs of infection have been noticed on any fish. I have had these green chromis for 2 months, except for the 1 red dot I have not noticed anything wrong with them, they seem healthy, eating well, swimming normal etc.
How risky would it be to add these fish to my display tank at this point? Is there anything I should be worried about appearing after 2 months?
Thank You
Without pics preferably under white lighting, will be hard to assess but hopefully not but could be start if uronema which they typically contract
If so, you can ruby rally pro to the quarantine tank now and catch it before it becomes wide spread

OP
OP
steelfeather

steelfeather

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without pics preferably under white lighting, will be hard to assess but hopefully not but could be start if uronema which they typically contract
If so, you can ruby rally pro to the quarantine tank now and catch it before it becomes wide spread
They are being very skiddish now that I changed it to white only lights but you can see the dot there. I will try and get better photos. If I was to run ruby rally pro do I just follow instructions on the package or is there another dosage you would recommend and for how long?

IMG_0153.jpeg

AS

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They are being very skiddish now that I changed it to white only lights but you can see the dot there. I will try and get better photos. If I was to run ruby rally pro do I just follow instructions on the package or is there another dosage you would recommend and for how long?

View attachment 2889156
The dot may be a scar from injury or even bite as these guys are known to squabble with each other.
The Uronema I mentioned will look like below:

1667685400281.png
1667685415546.png
1667685426784.png

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back